PDA

View Full Version : Oops he did it again!

Bruce K
09-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Once again if Tyler didn't have bad luck he'd pretty much have no luck.

Down again in a pile-up during the Vuelta.

He finished the stage with a scraped up right arm, knee, and hip.

He says he's all right but even his team manager concedes he said that during the TdF.

More in www.velonews.com

:crap: :crap: :crap:

BK

Bruce K
09-07-2004, 02:19 PM
I tried to edit the title to list "Vuelta news" but it doesn't seem to appear on the main General Discussion listing.

Sorry if it spoiled anyone's stage news.

BK

jeffg
09-07-2004, 02:49 PM
you have to finish! I recall Paul S. commenting during this year's TdF that Tyler sits too rigid and upright and is therefore vulnerable to falls. I have no idea whether this is really the cause of Tyler's mishaps (he seems not to have fallen so much at USPS), but whatever it is, TH will not be a real contender until he can keep the rubber side down. Damn!

jberk
09-07-2004, 03:16 PM
at this point you'd have to think that Tyler Hamilton is doing something wrong on the bike. Way too many crashes given his designated position as a team leader. :bike: :crap: :bike: :crap:

bostondrunk
09-07-2004, 04:29 PM
I hear Saturday Night Live has offered Tyler a contract next year to take over for Chevy Chase's role of falling down the audience stairs....

mtflycaster
09-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Don't really think Tyler is doing anything wrong. It seems to me that, even though he is a great athlete, he just does not have very good bike handling skills. Some do, some don't. He used to be a skier for god's sake...he took up bike racing relatively late in the game, me thinks.

BumbleBeeDave
09-07-2004, 04:42 PM
. . . Somebody pass the Bacitracin . . .

BBDave

jberk
09-07-2004, 05:32 PM
yes, he took up bicycling to rehab a ski accident (a pattern perhaps?). as for the Bacitracin, perhaps it is already in his musette bag given his history of falls.

Seriously, it is a shame to see such a great rider fall so often. For the racers out there, is it a lack of bike handling skills? bad tactical judgment that puts him in the wrong place at the wrong time? or is it that past bad luck gets us thinking there he goes again when he falls? :rolleyes: ? :crap: ?:argue: ? :bike: ? :confused: ?

cpg
09-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Maybe his stem is too short. No wait, maybe it's too long. Or his front center exceeded 58.543cm. Everybody knows it's those darn straight seat stays combined with short chain stays leading to a distinct lack of vertical compliance. Then again, it could be that he's not adhering to the cardinal KOPS rule. Or it could be that he's just riding the most butt ugly bike in the pro peleton.

bostondrunk
09-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Maybe <burp> he crashes not much more than most pros, but because he is a 'big name', we just hear about it, whereas we might not hear about every time a lesser known rider crashes..
Naw, he just can't handle his bike..lol:)

Andreu
09-08-2004, 01:33 AM
The only people who I have ever seen fall off in a straight line for no apparent reason in a race (and usually in the wet) ride like Tiger Hamilton....with a slight constantly weaving front wheel. He needs to race some cyclocross or something to perfect his riding technique.
A