PDA

View Full Version : Jenson...shady?

Javaman
03-25-2008, 09:07 PM
I ordered two items from Jenson 6 days ago. One was in stock, the other one was not. Emailed them today and asked them to cancel the item that was in stock. Got a reply saying that it was already shipped and that's there's nothing they can do to stop it. Now, a minute before sending the cancellation request to them, I had checked the status of my order in their site and it says it was still open, no item/s were shipped yet. Needlessly, to say, at this point I felt that the guy who replied to me was full of crap :butt: . I called them up to cancel both items (feeling I was lied to), the guy who answered the phone said "no prob". Several minutes later got an email from the same customer service guy who replied to me and told me that the backordered item is now cancelled but the other was really on it's way to me.
I have read their policy about this and it states that they hold off shipping in-stock items and wait for the backordered items to come in in order to save on shipping. Hmm...Feeling very dissappointed...

pdmtong
03-25-2008, 10:30 PM
I found a thomson masterpiece on their outlet site. Advertised black. was sent silver. Apparetnly black advertised nowhere to be found. Rep said they'd give me the outlet price on new stock. Two days later Rep said they can't get the item anymore. While they did credit my item and shipping both ways, disappointed they did not fulfill as advertised and then claim to be unable to get the post while others I patronize (universal, speedgoat, ... ) can. I'm not out any money, but felt like bait/switch

Bruce K
03-26-2008, 05:10 AM
I had issues with them several years ago. Credit card charged but item didn't arrive.

Several phone calss with no good result so I finally worked it out through the credit card company.

Needless to say I don't buy anything from them.

BK

Avispa
03-26-2008, 06:08 AM
Guys, that's too bad you've had bad experiences with them. Although, this outlet is not my favorite, I have always had good luck with the few (4 or 5) orders I've placed with them.

..A..

dirtdigger88
03-26-2008, 06:25 AM
Ive been using them for year- never had an issue

just got a BB from them last week

Jason

BumbleBeeDave
03-26-2008, 06:31 AM
I ordered two items from Jenson 6 days ago. One was in stock, the other one was not. Emailed them today and asked them to cancel the item that was in stock. Got a reply saying that it was already shipped and that's there's nothing they can do to stop it. Now, a minute before sending the cancellation request to them, I had checked the status of my order in their site and it says it was still open, no item/s were shipped yet. Needlessly, to say, at this point I felt that the guy who replied to me was full of crap :butt: . I called them up to cancel both items (feeling I was lied to), the guy who answered the phone said "no prob". Several minutes later got an email from the same customer service guy who replied to me and told me that the backordered item is now cancelled but the other was really on it's way to me.
I have read their policy about this and it states that they hold off shipping in-stock items and wait for the backordered items to come in in order to save on shipping. Hmm...Feeling very dissappointed...

. . . it seems possible to me that someone may have told you something without checking current order status or that they may have looked at something that hadn't been updated yet in the computer. It might not be a deliberate effort to deceive you--just lack of interdepartmental communication on their end. To that first guy you talked to, "shipped" may simply mean that the item has been sent back to the shipping department and it's gone. To guys in shipping, "shipped" may mean entered in the computer as being packed and ready to go, or being physically already out the door. I've ordered from them several times with never an issue.

BBD

Javaman
03-26-2008, 07:04 AM
I have been a Jenson customer since 2005, had 15 transactions with them with no issues (until now). Everytime I have something on backorder they had always shot me an email asking if I want those in stock items shipped to me. So I was pretty sure that the item I wanted cancelled was not shipped yet since I didn't get a notice from them, and my card was not charged yet. I asked the guy why was I not asked if I want the in-stock item shipped to me, no reply. Btw, status of my order is still open but the backordered item I requested to be cancelled (just because I was irate) is already cancelled. One bad experience and it just left a bad taste...

GoJavs
03-26-2008, 07:09 AM
Funny. I've had that same issue with Nashbar. 'Oh- we're sorry it shipped'.
That's a few hours after ordering, mind you, when Nashbar is not known for being overly quick.

Never had a problem with Jenson.

johnnymossville
03-26-2008, 07:17 AM
I actually ordered a bike from jenson and they sent it with cheaper components than should have been on the bike. substituted some nice components with a cheap triple crank, front derailleur, etc,...

Beware those scammers.

Dave B
03-26-2008, 07:31 AM
I actually ordered a bike from jenson and they sent it with cheaper components than should have been on the bike. substituted some nice components with a cheap triple crank, front derailleur, etc,...

Beware those scammers.

Did they make it right or did you keep it as they sent it? Not criticising, but curious.

Shoot me a PM if you want.

I guess sometimes (insert shop name) can make mistakes. I hope they try to make it right. If not that is a shame. Sometimes business is business. ;)

Steelhead
03-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Shop local, that should fix your problem. :)

Chad Engle
03-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Steelhead, I couldn't agree more. However, some things just are not available at the lbs.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

If you don't trust them, don't go back.

Along the lines of what BBD was saying, I felt I was a victim of the old bait and switch yesterday. Super cheap deal of the week advertised in Sunday's paper at Office Depot, sorry but I'm dropping names. Went in to get it and they were gone, not surprising given the deal. But the gentleman that helped me said, "oh, that was a one day deal." I said, "the deal of the week is a one day deal?" Then he went and looked it up and there were none available anywhere, raincheck not available. Then he tried to sell me one of the many full price options they just happened to have in stock. My point in all that rambling is that the guy was too lazy to actually check it out, until I called him on it. He thought the quick answer would get rid of me, so he tried it. Possibly could be same issue at Jenson, they say it has already shipped as the first answer, hoping you don't question it and receive and pay for the item as it is less work than returning it.

Customer service is worth the price you pay for it in most cases.

BumbleBeeDave
03-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Along the lines of what BBD was saying, I felt I was a victim of the old bait and switch yesterday. Super cheap deal of the week advertised in Sunday's paper at Office Depot, sorry but I'm dropping names. Went in to get it and they were gone, not surprising given the deal. But the gentleman that helped me said, "oh, that was a one day deal." I said, "the deal of the week is a one day deal?" Then he went and looked it up and there were none available anywhere, raincheck not available. Then he tried to sell me one of the many full price options they just happened to have in stock. My point in all that rambling is that the guy was too lazy to actually check it out, until I called him on it. He thought the quick answer would get rid of me, so he tried it. Possibly could be same issue at Jenson, they say it has already shipped as the first answer, hoping you don't question it and receive and pay for the item as it is less work than returning it.

. . . so much as lazy customer service person or lagging status updates in their ordering system. The guy might honestly just be parroting what the computer is telling him or what supervisor has ordered him to tell people.

But the situation you describe at Office Depot does indeed sound like a classic bait and switch, which is blatantly illegal in most locales. As I understand the law around here (Albany, NY area), stores like that which advertise an item on sale are required to have a certain number of the item on hand. If through some uncontrollable circumstance--delivery truck broke down or something similar--they don't have the item they are supposed to issue you a rain check. Your local DA might be very interested in what happened to you at Office Depot.

BBD