PDA

View Full Version : who was it that was busting my chops (Bettini)

swoop
03-25-2008, 02:09 PM
for suggesting Paolo was out of shape? (rhetorical, yo)
*i'll always love you paolo!*

http://velonews.com/article/73652/no-flanders-for-bettini

Sasha18
03-25-2008, 02:17 PM
It must be hard to motivate one's self when you've won nearly every race you wanted. I would sleep in, drink espresso breve, and eat gelato twice a day too.

coylifut
03-25-2008, 02:28 PM
didn't Steve P say something along the lines of no Fleche, but maybe Lombardy.

giordana93
03-25-2008, 02:31 PM
could have been me
here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?p=509005#post509005)

but I don't know if I have to eat crow now or not. He's clearly been on Ullrich's old diet (and not Hincapie's), but I'm going to stick to my guns and say the double world's champion would like to peak later in the season for World's and olympics. A few more spring classics would be a nice addition to his palmarès, but 3 worlds in a row or back to back olympic championships. Never been done, has it?

He complained about being out of shape last year too, didn't he? the weight of the world champion's jersey. who was talking about the spring classics after he did the symbolic machine gunning at worlds? Hey, he's Italian; who can blame him for wanting to sit out of those pain fests of the north in spring--and trying to chase down Fabian? ouch.
Soooo glad we finally have some bike racing to talk about!

coylifut
03-25-2008, 02:36 PM
he's never done particularly well at Flanders has he? He looked like he'd bit off far more than he could chew on the Cipressa, but that's why I like him. He attacks anyway.

chrisroph
03-25-2008, 02:38 PM
he really didn't look very fat in the coverage, although he is clearly off his usual form

but what about cancellara, man is he a powerhouse

saab2000
03-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Fat for a pro cyclist is still kinda anorexic for the rest of riders. He's probably about 3-4 kg over his ideal weight.

chrisroph
03-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Fat for a pro cyclist is still kinda anorexic for the rest of riders. He's probably about 3-4 kg over his ideal weight.

no argument there. he did look in the coverage leaner than he looked in a picture posted here a couple weeks back where he looked a little chunky even for a rec cyclist, and downright obese for a pro

M.Sommers
03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Mebbe life as a clean cyclist becomes more realistic and reality is hitting him?

stevep
03-25-2008, 03:46 PM
my guess.
he'd love to go out w/ a win at lombardy..

and then hang 'em up.

Karin Kirk
03-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I thought his attack looked excellent, but after a bit you could see that he wasn't feeling quite so frisky anymore. But his move got things going and it made for some awesome racing.

And yes, you could also see that he wasn't anorexic like everyone else. But that's temporary no doubt.