PDA

View Full Version : Ice cream

BUTCH RIDES
03-25-2008, 08:58 AM
okay I can get by on nothing but it is easy to get addicted to ice cream
it seems most cats that ride can't do without the stuff .
i remember lemond had a tatse for the stuff too ..
I'd be better off if i never ate it . back to the monastery i have to be more disciplined . do you cats eat it too
b.

fiamme red
03-25-2008, 09:00 AM
do you cats eat it toohttp://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/ice-cream-zombie.jpg

BUTCH RIDES
03-25-2008, 09:02 AM
yes monster black cat cleans up after me everynight
cheers

girlie
03-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Here's how I eat it.

I make oatmeal with vanilla soy milk....then add chocolate haagen-dazs
It's breakfast and sometimes my dessert.
I NEED the ice-cream to cool the hot oatmeal:)

My breakfast this morning...true story.

Blue Jays
03-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Fixed, my cat used to come running whenever he smelled non-fat frozen yogurt in the house. One of my favorite shakes was skim milk, non-fat strawberry yogurt, with a tablespoon of wheat germ.
My cat would stick his head in the empty cup and lick it completely clean. What a funny feline. :D

steve575
03-25-2008, 09:14 AM
My weakness. It's one think that I wont give up. I can handle smaller servings when I need to watch my weight, but I can't do without. Right now I'm getting by on Bryers Double Churn Light.

dauwhe
03-25-2008, 09:16 AM
If you are what you eat, I should change my name to Ben...

...and Jerry!

Dave

TimD
03-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Oh, I am so into ice cream.

Brigham's Vanilla, it rocks.

Tom
03-25-2008, 09:33 AM
It's another one of those perfect recovery foods.

Fixed
03-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Breyers fudge ripple
bro that's what i get . I should try some others
cheers

jthurow
03-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Around hear, we go for custard (http://www.teddrewes.com/Drewes.asp). mmmm, butterfat...

jimi

cadence231
03-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Me love it very much.
Makes me feel sluggish mentally and physically the next day. I usually eat it at nite.
Crack.

cadence231
03-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Me love it very much.
Makes me feel sluggish mentally and physically the next day. I usually eat it at nite.
Crack.

davids
03-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Oh yeah.

My wife used to hate it. Now she makes it. Sweet cream, spearmint, sesame... I am a lucky guy.

TimD
03-25-2008, 10:35 AM
+1

If I eat any after 9 PM I have a hard time falling asleep and am up several times in the night. Just slamming the blood sugar level - not good.

Of course bed is just about the perfect place to eat ice cream. That and the local shop ("LICS" ? :)) after a short ride with the fam.

Big Daddy
03-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Here's how I eat it.

I make oatmeal with vanilla soy milk....then add chocolate haagen-dazs
It's breakfast and sometimes my dessert.
I NEED the ice-cream to cool the hot oatmeal:)

My breakfast this morning...true story.

So THAT is the secret to "those"....

chuckred
03-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Only problem is I can never figure out how to get it back in the freezer once it's open, so the whole pint has to go down in one sitting...

avalonracing
03-25-2008, 12:20 PM
When people say, "You're thin, why don't you eat something?" I usually say "I eat more ice cream than anyone you know".

In most cases it is true. When I was training a lot I could go through close 2 half gallons of Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip a week. When the racing season started I ate a little less... but not much less ; )

Starbuck's JavaChip rocks my world too. Especially in the morning. Yes, I love ice cream in the morning before breakfast. The earlier the better. Then again, I love it at night.
When I cut back on the late night ice cream and started eating less than one half gallon a week I went from 165lbs to 155lbs in about six weeks.

The reason I'm so jazzed up while I write this is that I just had some Cherry Garcia and logged on to see this thread!

Damn I love ice cream!

SManning
03-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I am all about Ice Cream!!!

When I was at the University of Iowa there was an Ice Cream store in Iowa City called Whitey's. Oh my, that was the best ice cream ever. I would gain 3-4 pounds every spring because I would get ice cream quite a bit.

The town we live in has a restaurant/ice cream store up the street from where we live. It's my daughter's favorite restaurant because there's a train that runs around the perimeter of the restaurant and they serve ice cream. We visit quite a bit, I really have to watch it or I can gain a few pounds during the summer time. There's nothing more fun than getting ice cream from the Yum Yum Tree and then going to the park to listen to the band, play and feed the ducks.

maunahaole
03-25-2008, 12:33 PM
I really don't eat it at all and I'm still a fatass.

Bruce K
03-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Richardson's Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip. A local brand.

All my bikes make automatic right turns into their stand on Route 133.

Great stuff.

BK

cadence231
03-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Only problem is I can never figure out how to get it back in the freezer once it's open, so the whole pint has to go down in one sitting...
I hear ya brother!

Karin Kirk
03-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Fixed, my cat used to come running whenever he smelled non-fat frozen yogurt in the house. One of my favorite shakes was skim milk, non-fat strawberry yogurt, with a tablespoon of wheat germ.
My cat would stick his head in the empty cup and lick it completely clean. What a funny feline. :D

One of our cats knew the sound of whipped cream being sprayed from the canister. He'd stand up on his back feet and let us squirt it into his mouth. So funny!

We have an ice cream maker which is a lot of fun. My fav is mocha chip, while Dave likes the straight-up coffee.

Frankwurst
03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
If I didn't like ice cream and beer as much as I do I'd be as skinny as a snake but as it is I'm a toad and at my age have no intentions of giving up either one. :beer: