View Full Version : I read therefore I am "JV"

AgilisMerlin
03-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Is this guy really a DS ?

boooyah :banana:

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0115/oly_lg_slipstream8832_718.jpg

paczki
03-25-2008, 08:19 AM
I guess he's trying to draw in his natural fan base -- cardiologists on expensive Provence wine/cycling tours.

J.Greene
03-25-2008, 08:27 AM
I think it's funny that these freaky skinny racer types come back from Europe and think they are stylish.

JG

BUTCH RIDES
03-25-2008, 08:33 AM
I think it's funny that these freaky skinny racer types come back from Europe and think they are stylish.

JG
his crib

girlie
03-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Works for me.

majorpat
03-25-2008, 08:49 AM
He looks like a dork. I'm more of a Bob Roll guy anyway...

M.Sommers
03-25-2008, 08:51 AM
trying too hard = trying too hard

bro he's trying too hard.

(writing like fixed and loving it).

majorpat
03-25-2008, 08:54 AM
not trying at all, really

92degrees
03-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Eh. Give the guy a break. Clearly someone snuck up on him and took that picture.

soulspinner
03-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Works for me.

Yeah, good ride, good book, three bottles of wine, fave lady playin footsie tellin ya how its gonna be later-oh got carried away... :p

goonster
03-25-2008, 09:46 AM
His getup is distinctly English, and I don't know what that stuff is in his glass, but I spy a Chateauneuf du Pape!

Give me it! :beer:

Dave B
03-25-2008, 10:07 AM

My man!

shinomaster
03-25-2008, 10:11 AM
I heart the BBC.

david
03-25-2008, 10:45 AM
trying too hard = trying too hard

bro he's trying too hard.

yup.

rphetteplace
03-25-2008, 10:55 AM
reminds me of a good friend of mine that is never without his "man bag"

After spending a couple days in St. Louis last fall and seeing him over several days with several different bags I said "Dude how many of those things you got" he told me "8" I told him "Dude you've got a purse collection" :banana:

KonaSS
03-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Let's see

Former Ventoux record holder.....
Supporter or clean cycling......
Supporter of Juniors....
Has something other than Nascar taste and style......

Yep. Total D-bag in my book too. :confused:

Big Daddy
03-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Dude gets it...

he is designing some argyle for the pockets of my jeans.

paczki
03-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Let's see

Supporter of Juniors....
Has something other than Nascar taste and style......

Yep. Total D-bag in my book too. :confused:

And because of all of these things, which most of us admire, the picture isn't funny? Still is pretty funny to me :banana:

davids
03-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I think he's great.

Sorry he doesn't look like some of you think he should.

girlie
03-25-2008, 11:51 AM
reminds me of a good friend of mine that is never without his "man bag"

After spending a couple days in St. Louis last fall and seeing him over several days with several different bags I said "Dude how many of those things you got" he told me "8" I told him "Dude you've got a purse collection" :banana:

it's called a "murse" = man-purse

I love the different sets of teapots in the background.
Image matches the uniforms = cool.

72gmc
03-25-2008, 11:57 AM
JV is cool. Seems a strong individual with individual style. More individuals should be like that. Popular music would be better for it.

J.Greene
03-25-2008, 11:58 AM
JV is cool. Seems a strong individual with individual style. More individuals should be like that. Popular music would be better for it.

The wrong chick was canned on American Idol last week.

JG

rphetteplace
03-25-2008, 12:06 PM
it's called a "murse" = man-purse

I love the different sets of teapots in the background.
Image matches the uniforms = cool.

I laughed my arse off the first time I heard "manpri's" :banana:

M.Sommers
03-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Let's see

Therein lies the rub. One offers above, he was clean, loves cleanliness and he's Mr. Clean. The other side offers a very compelling and opposing view.

"I never wanted to make a moral judgment because you've got to understand why guys do it. Most of them weren't looking to win races or gain an advantage. They wanted to be competitive and keep their jobs. They didn't want to get fired. You can't condemn someone for that." -- Jonathan Vaughters, former road racer and now a team director [TIACREF], justifying doping in the pro peloton

Moreover, JV is quoted sternly in 'From Lance to Landis', the infamous instant messages he sent to Frankie Andreu, "It's not like I never played with the hotsauce, eh?"

Here:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/landis/instantmessage.html

J.Greene
03-25-2008, 12:22 PM
I respect JV because he's never asked us to believe something that is not true unlike LA on his last tour podium.

JG

Therein lies the rub. One offers above, he was clean, loves cleanliness and he's Mr. Clean. The other side offers a very compelling and opposing view.

"I never wanted to make a moral judgment because you've got to understand why guys do it. Most of them weren't looking to win races or gain an advantage. They wanted to be competitive and keep their jobs. They didn't want to get fired. You can't condemn someone for that." -- Jonathan Vaughters, former road racer and now a team director [TIACREF], justifying doping in the pro peloton

Moreover, JV is quoted sternly in 'From Lance to Landis', the infamous instant messages he sent to Frankie Andreu, "It's not like I never played with the hotsauce, eh?"

Here:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/landis/instantmessage.html

M.Sommers
03-25-2008, 12:30 PM
I respect JV because he's never asked us to believe something that is not true unlike LA on his last tour podium.

JG

LA = ;)

majorpat
03-25-2008, 12:40 PM
I thought we were making fun of JV's get-up! Get back on track, people!

shinomaster
03-25-2008, 12:46 PM

Would you prefer him in camo holding a rifle?

M.Sommers
03-25-2008, 12:48 PM

Girlie digs it. And that's that. I disagree with Girlie, but she is the aficionado of all things in terms of studness/man related etc. Girlie has spoken.

AgilisMerlin
03-25-2008, 12:50 PM
the dude' need a frickin pipe in his mouth.

ARGYLE and POWER mustaches ................ :banana:

millars milan diary

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3160/2352678410_2b9f231cf6.jpg

http://www.slipstreamsports.com/2008/03/21/millar-chronicles-what-it-takes-to-win/

shinomaster
03-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I look at that vignette of taste and culture with jealousy.

majorpat
03-25-2008, 12:53 PM
C'mon shino, I've always thought your posts (even with multiple colors) were slick now this weak shot at, presumably, my forum moniker. You may be upset to hear that I don't eat raw meat and broken glass, nor shave with a K-Bar.

Didn't kill any living thing today (that I know of),
Pat

david
03-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I think he's great.

Sorry he doesn't look like some of you think he should.

sorry, didn't mean to suggest he was a "D-bag" or that he's not great.
and i don't really have any particular thoughts about how he should or should not look.
just responding to the comment that he looks like he's trying too hard.
every time i see him he reminds me of a great line from that old show "30 something."
one of the characters referred to the other's tie as "tragically hip."
costumes make me giggle, that's all.

Fixed
03-25-2008, 12:58 PM
as a young man j.v. liked to dress up
cheers

shinomaster
03-25-2008, 01:02 PM
C'mon shino, I've always thought your posts (even with multiple colors) were slick now this weak shot at, presumably, my forum moniker. You may be upset to hear that I don't eat raw meat and broken glass, nor shave with a K-Bar.

Didn't kill any living thing today (that I know of),
Pat

Major Pat, I'm Joking! ;) I'd eat raw meat if I could btw....

majorpat
03-25-2008, 01:06 PM
I knew I was tilting at windmills...maybe I should change my name, not a major anymore. Besides argyle and camouflage clash...

girlie
03-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Girlie digs it. And that's that. I disagree with Girlie, but she is the aficionado of all things in terms of studness/man related etc. Girlie has spoken.

goodness gracious.....
the man is giving a clean cut and sophisticated look to cycling verses the bad boy image of Rock Racing....choose your side and sit with it.....for me it depends on my mood.....day or night......restaurant or club......

shinomaster
03-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Major Pat...When I was in Junior high I built models of army stuff. It may interest you to know I really liked war machines. I built the following Tamiya Japanese models :

M1
M60A3
M48
German Leapord
German persolnel carrier (Marder)
IDF Merkava
M113 Zelda
IDF M60 blazer
US M113
Challenger (British)
Jeeps
T62

Jets:

f16
f4
f14 (Navy jets are cool)
f18
f15
A10
EA6B
F111
F5 tiger
MIG 25
Plus many others I have since forgotten and destroyed with a BB gun. What a moron. I was really good too.

Alexi
03-25-2008, 01:15 PM
when my brother was a major, we gave him such grief for being "major tom"

bahhh not on topic but whateve's

rphetteplace
03-25-2008, 01:18 PM
goodness gracious.....
the man is giving a clean cut and sophisticated look to cycling verses the bad boy image of Rock Racing....choose your side and sit with it.....for me it depends on my mood.....day or night......restaurant or club......

Cipollini rocks a suit
JV looks like a dork

BumbleBeeDave
03-25-2008, 01:22 PM
. . . with building the Slipstream team, as far as I'm concerned he can dress any way he d@mn well pleases . . .

BBD

fiamme red
03-25-2008, 01:29 PM
A much more natural and unstudied pose:

http://www.philoconnor.com/portraits/images/laurent-fignon.jpg

M.Sommers
03-25-2008, 01:31 PM
goodness gracious.....

I don't dig dudes. I respect them though. I take all of this back...I do dig Cipollini. :D And you are spot on it that JV > RR, can't agree more.

Still, I enjoy the full scope of the convo; the topic of JV extends more to me than the threads he wearing.

I <3 Cipo. I'd love to party with that cat in Milan, snort EPO and chase women. KIDDING. :cool:

Edit: Did you dig on Richie Cunningham or Arthur Fonzerelli. :beer:

rphetteplace
03-25-2008, 01:33 PM
I <3 Cipo. I'd love to party with that cat in Milan, snort EPO and chase women. KIDDING. :cool:[/QUOTE]

kidding to which part? :banana:

M.Sommers
03-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I <3 Cipo. I'd love to party with that cat in Milan, snort EPO and chase women. KIDDING. :cool:

kidding to which part? :banana:[/QUOTE]

The EPO.

And I'd invite Fixed to party with us. He's a chick magnet. King could tag along too. :banana:

Fixed
03-25-2008, 01:37 PM
A much more natural and unstudied pose:

http://www.philoconnor.com/portraits/images/laurent-fignon.jpg
yeah bro the prof. read comic books ,the other cats didn't read at all
cheers

coylifut
03-25-2008, 01:57 PM
I knew I was tilting at windmills...maybe I should change my name, not a major anymore. Besides argyle and camouflage clash...

How about Majorpat Ret? If you were a character on Mash, which one would it be. Don't you dare say Hotlips Houlihan.

shinomaster
03-25-2008, 02:00 PM
How about Majorpat Ret? If you were a character on Mash, which one would it be. Don't you dare say Hotlips Houlihan.

I bet he's Colonel Flag.

coylifut
03-25-2008, 02:07 PM
I bet he's Colonel Flag.

Colonel Sam Flag - He was the best by far.

shinomaster
03-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Colonel Sam Flag - He was the best by far.

"Charles Emerson Winchester III" shops at my gallery. He is a funny guy.

coylifut
03-25-2008, 02:24 PM
"Charles Emerson Winchester III" shops at my gallery. He is a funny guy.

he lives in Portland? Wow. Who would have thunk it. One of the top 5 shows of all time. Not enough Flag on it though. The paranoid anti comie crazyness was great. Ok. Back on topic before Majorpat Ret. makes us skip the weekend ride and scrub the stairs with a toothbrush.
:) :) :)

shinomaster
03-25-2008, 02:26 PM
he lives in Portland? Wow. Who would have thunk it. One of the top 5 shows of all time. Not enough Flag on it though. The paranoid anti comie crazyness was great. Ok. Back on topic before Majorpat Ret. makes us skip the weekend ride and scrub the stairs with a toothbrush.
:) :) :)

I think cleaning my bike is bad enough... :confused:

BURCH
03-25-2008, 02:36 PM
His getup is distinctly English, and I don't know what that stuff is in his glass, but I spy a Chateauneuf du Pape!

Give me it! :beer:

He is drinking that purple label. I have $10 that says it is a Burgandy or heavens sake...a new world Pinot!!!

AgilisMerlin
03-25-2008, 03:00 PM
his look harks back to the 70's and barney miller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSef8ObpfA4&NR=1

wide collars and wide ties

------------------------------------------------

Anthony Hanson, in the book 'Burgundy' states " Great Burgundy smells of sh-it. It is most surprising, but something the French recognized long ago. 'Ca sent Ca merde' and 'Ca sent purin', being common expressions on the Cote. Not always but frequently there is smell of decaying matter, vegetable or animal, about them."

http://www.nicks.com.au/Index.aspx?link_id=76.566

goonster
03-25-2008, 03:06 PM
He is drinking that purple label. I have $10 that says it is a Burgandy or heavens sake...a new world Pinot!!!

In a Bordeaux-shaped bottle? PM me for an address to send those ten bucks. ;)

MarleyMon
03-25-2008, 04:26 PM
I think JV was selling his saddle on ebay last week.

andy mac
03-25-2008, 05:11 PM

The Mini Van/Chino Brigade have spoken!

majorpat
03-25-2008, 05:31 PM

Listen up, dirtbags, if I was in MASH, I would have been a cross between Lt Col Penobscot and Trapper. A hard a$$ and a smart a$$!

shinomaster
03-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Listen up, dirtbags, if I was in MASH, I would have been a cross between Lt Col Penobscot and Trapper. A hard a$$ and a smart a$$!

What about Clinger? I heard you like pink chiffon?

AgilisMerlin
03-25-2008, 05:56 PM
lets have a thumbfight, yo's :banana:

majorpat
03-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Now that is one fine looking, hard-charger

maunahaole
03-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Provoking the jarhead is always a good idea, yo.

shinomaster
03-25-2008, 06:02 PM
M*A*S*H really was the best show ever.

coylifut
03-25-2008, 06:07 PM

Yes sir, right a way sir, what ever you said sir.
:) :rolleyes: :cool: :p :banana: ;) :butt:

shinomaster
03-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Yes sir, right a way sir, what ever you said sir.
:) :rolleyes: :cool: :p :banana: ;) :butt:

Don't let that ferret face boss you around. :argue: