PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Ti Max seatpost size?

jonjones13
03-25-2008, 04:03 AM
Bought a Ti Max 29er frame from a fellow forumite and trying to plan ahead (i.e. before delivery) on what seatpost I am going to use (lessen the time I have to just sit around looking at it!)

So................. what's the seatpost diameter for a Ti Max?

Cheers,
Jon.

Brian Smith
03-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Bought a Ti Max 29er frame from a fellow forumite and trying to plan ahead (i.e. before delivery) on what seatpost I am going to use (lessen the time I have to just sit around looking at it!)

So................. what's the seatpost diameter for a Ti Max?

Cheers,
Jon.

The fact that you say that it's a 29er means that it's probably a fairly recent frame. In that case, the seat post size is 30.9mm. With the frame purchase, Serotta includes a shim in order for the frame to accept a 27.2mm size post.
If you like to move your post up and down during rides, I'd opt for the 30.9 size, but if you want to use a greater variety of posts and you generally don't move it once it's set, you could possibly save some weight, if that is important to you, with a 27.2mm post.

ericspin
03-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Jon, this rattles my brain to remember that when I had it there was indeed a shim.

jonjones13
03-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Cheers dudes, both from the above posts and from Serotta direct, I've deduced that it's a 30.9mm - best keep an eye out for a nice one then...

Cheers for the help.
Jon.