PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Doug Graham: Nutrition and Physical Performance (2005)

WadePatton
03-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Seems that a the thread where I first gave this link has vanished. Been getting some requests. Here it is again:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2055430092765320119&q=Dr.+Doug+Graham&total=7&start=0&num=30&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Food for thought. Maybe the discussion could be civil? No idea how the other thread went south. Y'all play nice. :banana:

Cliff notes version: Raw fruit and leafy veggies--nothing else is necessary.

shoe
03-24-2008, 06:43 PM
so i missed the previous thread...but i have been interested in the douglas graham stuff over the past couple of years. watched the lecture and thought it was interesting and have visited his website a few times. i picked up his 80 10 10 book and have tried what he has recommended. although i did not do the best of following it to a tee i did enjoy the light clean feel to eating that way. i intended to try it for a month and lasted a week. i was training for the pbp last summer and i just found it too much work for the amount of food i needed to consume on my really long ride days. i truly enjoy food but i do feel like we are bomb barded with a lot of food that isn't necessarily that good for us. his belief of just eating raw fruits and vegetables is still intriguing and look forward to trying the 80 10 10 diet again. does anyone here follow his guidelines now or in the past of training and nutrition. i see it as a way to cleanse the body and to give it simple usable nutrients. i am a bit lazy and set in my ways so i find it harder to eat this way than what i am used too... i am curious to see where this subject will go in this thread,,,dave

WadePatton
03-24-2008, 06:53 PM
I've dabbled in raw before. Not long enough and not from the athletic side.

So I'm "converting" now. I have fruit all day and then try to have a sensible evening meal. I doubt I'll ever go 100%, but figger that 90% is attainable.

Biggest hassle for me is finding high-quality produce. Have new source about 30 miles away. That's a big help--now to plant an orchard. :banana:

Oh and the other thread was an inquiry about vegans and such on the board...