PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Amercan Flyers (on ESPN Classic now)

pauly
03-23-2008, 06:20 PM
80's flashback - whoa!

the trivia from IMDB:

Muzzin's nickname is "The Cannibal". "The Cannibal" was also the nickname of the real life five-time Tour De France champion 'Eddie Merckx' who also appears in the film.

When the cyclists are racing at "Monumental National Park" (actually Colorado National Monument, west of Grand Junction, Colorado) one of the cyclists (an extra) falls off and goes over the edge. He actually went over a drop off that was about 1,000 feet, and was only saved from major injuries when a small tree snagged his bike.

The team that Muzzin rode for in the film, '7-Eleven' was a real team that competed in the Tour de France in the late 1980s and early-'90s. This team became the Motorola Team when the team changed sponsor. This was the team that Lance Armstong raced with before he contracted cancer.

diegoqing
03-23-2008, 08:39 PM
do drop by to www.fine-nike.com look through the articles there. With information on anything from getting the cheapest shoes, you'll find something that helps you save a lot of money.

PeterNorth
03-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Ms. Chong...mmm :)

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Peter North . . . Now THERE'S a familiar old forum name I haven't seen in a loooong time. You the same guy as on Kahuna's old forum?

BBD

ejh
03-27-2008, 07:34 AM
I have it on DVD

PeterNorth
03-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Peter North . . . Now THERE'S a familiar old forum name I haven't seen in a loooong time. You the same guy as on Kahuna's old forum?

BBD

Take yer pick:

http://www.whitepages.com/search/FindPerson?extra_listing=mixed&form_mode=opt_b&post_back=1&firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=peter&name=north&street=&city_zip=&state_id=&localtime=survey

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2008, 07:44 AM
. . . and totally unrevealing answer. It makes me think you know exactly who I mean . . .

BBD

PeterNorth
03-27-2008, 07:46 AM
. . . and totally unrevealing answer. It makes me think you know exactly who I mean . . .

BBD

I guess every forum needs a police officer. Glad to see you've taken on that role here.

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2008, 07:51 AM
If you're him . . . then yes, I know more about you than you may suspect. Others do, too. :no:

BBD