PDA

View Full Version : Rockford, Michigan Riders?

cralmic
03-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Hello,

Looking to see who may be out there in the Rockford, Michigan area

markie
03-22-2008, 08:50 PM
I got excited there for a moment. I live in Rockford, IL.

cralmic
03-22-2008, 09:06 PM
:) I'm sure it is a nice place (Rockford)

Well, I'm bummed..... my riding buddy is moving

93legendti
03-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Ginger, John S, fishbolish, danny1g (I think that's his screen name) and I are in Oakland County and I think 2-3 others are as well. Saab2000 lives in Grand Rapids and Musgrave Cycles I think is out your way....

Ginger
03-23-2008, 08:42 AM
stormyClouds is also over here on the East side along with Rhino Dave and JeO.

There are also a couple forum members in the greater Ann Arbor area.

SAAB is in the Grand Rapids area, near Rockford. (and I think he knows a few more riders on that side of the world.

Musgrave cycles moved south.

We have enough forum members in Michigan, we should organize a get together or meet at one of the many organized day tour thingies. :)

93legendti
03-23-2008, 08:45 AM
stormyClouds is also over here on the East side along with Rhino Dave and JeO.

There are also a couple forum members in the greater Ann Arbor area.

SAAB is in the Grand Rapids area, near Rockford. (and I think he knows a few more riders on that side of the world.

Musgrave cycles moved south.

We have enough forum members in Michigan, we should organize a get together or meet at one of the many organized day tour thingies. :)

Oops forgot about Dave. Sorry Dave.

I don't know JeO or stormy clouds, at least by their screen names.

My vote is Up North--Harbor Springs/Petoskey etc. have some nice, quiet "rolling" roads.

cralmic
03-23-2008, 01:03 PM
My vote is Up North--Harbor Springs/Petoskey etc. have some nice, quiet "rolling" roads.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me... I am not familiar with area, does anyone have some good ideas, roads or best time..... Can you ride across into Canada?

cralmic
03-23-2008, 01:04 PM
My vote is Up North--Harbor Springs/Petoskey etc. have some nice, quiet "rolling" roads.

Sounds good to me... I am not familiar with area, does anyone have some good ideas, roads or best time..... Can you ride across into Canada?[/QUOTE]

Ok... how does the quote thing work?

cralmic
03-23-2008, 01:06 PM
There we go.... Riding into Canada sounds like fun. I have heard being a Michigan resident allows you entry into Canada without a Passport

93legendti
03-23-2008, 01:08 PM

Sounds good to me... I am not familiar with area, does anyone have some good ideas, roads or best time..... Can you ride across into Canada?[/QUOTE]

I once pm'ed Billrick (iirc) my Tour de Pain for the area--I'll see if I still have it. There's plenty of routes, inclduing a century to the Bridge and back; the old State Championship course; Tunnel of Trees, etc.

No route to Canada that I know of.

Best time is after Spring has really sprung. It's pretty far north--so much so that fireworks on the 4th of July usually start around 10:15-20 p.m. when it finally get's dark. So early spring can be cold.

Ginger
03-23-2008, 01:17 PM
There we go.... Riding into Canada sounds like fun. I have heard being a Michigan resident allows you entry into Canada without a Passport

In the lower right hand of the post you want to quote, there *should* be a little button that says QUOTE

Click on that and it will open a reply box with the person's quote in it.

I'm up for a Harbor Springs trip this summer! I'm outta town April 8-22. :)
weekends of May 14 (TOSRV in Ohio) June 7 (TOMRV in IL) and 14 (Unofficial Serotta gathering in Asheville) are already full.

Camping at Petosky state park, riding up to the Woolly bugger coffee house in Harbor Springs in the am, doing the tunnel of trees loop, coming down State and turning on Stutsmanville back out to the lake, coming back into Harbor Springs and eating breakfast/lunch at that little diner on State st. north of town.

I love those hills.

cralmic; if you come ride in the SE Michigan area, you can catch a ferry over to Canada up near Algonac. They have some nice roads over there. Lotsa flat. Plenty of wind.

cralmic
03-23-2008, 01:34 PM
http://www.lmb.org/pages/Events/ShorelineTours.htm

Looks like some interesting rides

cralmic
03-23-2008, 01:37 PM
In the lower right hand of the post you want to quote, there *should* be a little button that says QUOTE

Click on that and it will open a reply box with the person's quote in it.

I'm up for a Harbor Springs trip this summer! I'm outta town April 8-22. :)
weekends of May 14 (TOSRV in Ohio) June 7 (TOMRV in IL) and 14 (Unofficial Serotta gathering in Asheville) are already full.

Camping at Petosky state park, riding up to the Woolly bugger coffee house in Harbor Springs in the am, doing the tunnel of trees loop, coming down State and turning on Stutsmanville back out to the lake, coming back into Harbor Springs and eating breakfast/lunch at that little diner on State st. north of town.

I love those hills.

cralmic; if you come ride in the SE Michigan area, you can catch a ferry over to Canada up near Algonac. They have some nice roads over there. Lotsa flat. Plenty of wind.

Harbor Springs idea sounds like fun!

saab2000
03-23-2008, 02:57 PM
I own a house in Grand Rapids. Well, Ada actually. Let's ride!

Unfortunately, I am not actually there all that much due to my work. I'll PM you and we can try to get out for a ride. There are actually a decent number of good riders and quality rides in the area AFAIK.

And good beer in the summer called Oberon! :beer:

kipjac
03-23-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm just south of Ann Arbor...not close enough to Rockford, is it?

cralmic
03-24-2008, 06:13 AM
Ann Arbor is roughly 2 hr drive... wouldn't want to drive it every day but would be cool to meet some fellow riders. Where do you normally ride?

I typically ride the White Pine Trail. You have to deal with people at times but nothing major. I have not ridden the Hart-Montique trail which looks like a blast