PDA

View Full Version : Follow up: Braze on front der. tab w/ 46t big compact chainring

SoCalSteve
03-22-2008, 06:36 PM
First off, thank you all for your great suggestions, opinions and experience from this posting:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=42550

I ordered and just recieved a SRAM Force front der. It appears that it will work fine as it has a "2 bolt" braze on system that allows you to drop the front der. more than the Shimano Dura Ace I had previously tried-mentioned.

Until I build up the bike and try it out with chain-shifters, etc., I wont know for 100% sure, but it does appear to be close enough on visual-tape measure inspection.

Again, thanks to all who contributed!

Steve

David Kirk
03-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Very cool. That is a good design.

dave

e-RICHIE
03-22-2008, 06:43 PM
First off, thank you all for your great suggestions, opinions and experience from this posting:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=42550

I ordered and just recieved a SRAM Force front der. It appears that it will work fine as it has a "2 bolt" braze on system that allows you to drop the front der. more than the Shimano Dura Ace I had previously tried-mentioned.

Until I build up the bike and try it out with chain-shifters, etc., I wont know for 100% sure, but it does appear to be close enough on visual-tape measure inspection.

Again, thanks to all who contributed!

Steve
but if you drop it as the extra bolt hole allows,
will there (still) be the engagement needed for
safe shifting atmo? the derailleur is designed to
nest in the pocket of the braze-on. if it hangs
off the bottom, e pluribus unum. oop, i meant
the caveat lampeur term.

SoCalSteve
03-22-2008, 06:55 PM
but if you drop it as the extra bolt hole allows,
will there (still) be the engagement needed for
safe shifting atmo? the derailleur is designed to
nest in the pocket of the braze-on. if it hangs
off the bottom, e pluribus unum. oop, i meant
the caveat lampeur term.

I hear-heard what you are saying now and before...It appears to be very secure hanging from the bottom part of the braze on...

We shall see when I build up the bike complete.

Thank RS,

Steve