PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Wikopedia for "coffin"?

cdimattio
03-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Pardon my ignorance.

While I can generally gather the meaning of "time in the coffin", is there some explanation of the origins of this particular expression to better understand its use?

Maybe I could have spent more time with it, but I did a quick forum search and it did not help much.

myette10
03-22-2008, 05:25 PM
time in the coffin: a reference to time spent in relative discomfort as a result of extreme physical exertion.

See also exploring the pain cave, trapped in the pain locker, and booking a room at the pain hotel.

Coffin (and the others) are most likely used because they are all places you'd rather not be. You'll never hear the expression "I was sipping drinks at the pool side bar of pain."

Actually, I kind of like that one.

DarrenCT
03-22-2008, 05:30 PM
swimming in sea of pain

Fat Robert
03-22-2008, 05:30 PM
in the red

DarrenCT
03-22-2008, 05:31 PM
in the red

i thought that was when u got a D.U.I ??

Grant McLean
03-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Coffin - lonely, dark, regretful place you are trapped by yourself.

good place, eh?

-g

e-RICHIE
03-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Pardon my ignorance.

While I can generally gather the meaning of "time in the coffin", is there some explanation of the origins of this particular expression to better understand its use?

Maybe I could have spent more time with it, but I did a quick forum search and it did not help much.
for me it's 70 relentless, euphoric minutes atmo,
normally associated with 'cross racing or a workout
for samemo. also sometimes refered to as going to
the endorphinage.

Ti Designs
03-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Great, the only two speaking regular english on this forum are Sandy's dog and Swoop's pizza.

I had a death certificate on file from 1990 to 2005, time in the coffin to me has more to do with my credit score...

swoop
03-22-2008, 05:59 PM
1. coffin= time in or above threshold.
2. using the pain and the desire to back-off as the impetus to go harder, deeper, and relentlessly.
3. entering an altered state through a tunnel and staying there by ignoring the panic to get out.
4. suffering as the starting point.

Blue Jays
03-22-2008, 06:13 PM
"time in the cage" = time spent driving an automobile as opposed to riding

Dave B
03-22-2008, 06:26 PM
endorphinage.

This is my new fav!

How much do I owe you for licensing and usage? :banana:

e-RICHIE
03-22-2008, 06:35 PM
This is my new fav!

How much do I owe you for licensing and usage? :banana:
make my mouth happymo -

http://www.candyfavorites.com/pi/twizzler-pillow.jpg

coylifut
03-22-2008, 07:38 PM
The term "hurt box" was in wide circulation before I ever heard pain box, locker, coffin...

Kevan
03-22-2008, 07:51 PM
I thought it had something to do with having a bad cold. Like, "I can't stop coffin."

e-RICHIE
03-22-2008, 07:52 PM
I thought it had something to do with having a bad cold. Like, "I can't stop coffin."
it's a phlegmish term actually atmo.

Fixed
03-22-2008, 07:55 PM
bro it's where you find out what your made of

or

it can make cowards of all of us
you pick atmo :beer:

shinomaster
03-22-2008, 08:02 PM
time in the coffin: a reference to time spent in relative discomfort as a result of extreme physical exertion.

See also exploring the pain cave, trapped in the pain locker, and booking a room at the pain hotel.

Coffin (and the others) are most likely used because they are all places you'd rather not be. You'll never hear the expression "I was sipping drinks at the pool side bar of pain."

Actually, I kind of like that one.

What about a dirt nap?

RudAwkning
03-23-2008, 02:24 PM
What about a dirt nap?

That happens after the endo.

cadence231
03-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Fix commented on a pic of e-richie once, to the effect, "Bro. You are fit and tan. Way to go." etc.
Richie responded that it was a product of, "70 minutes in the coffin." I took this to mean that he had a tanning bed that he escaped to for 70 minutes..hence the tan.
It was a while til I figured differently. Coffin/Tanning Bed...seemed like a likely comparison.
oyi.

e-RICHIE
03-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Fix commented on a pic of e-richie once, to the effect, "Bro. You are fit and tan. Way to go." etc.
Richie responded that it was a product of, "70 minutes in the coffin." I took this to mean that he had a tanning bed that he escaped to for 70 minutes..hence the tan.
It was a while til I figured differently. Coffin/Tanning Bed...seemed like a likely comparison.
oyi.
too much!
i thought he wanted my tanning secret - i gave it to him.
i wanna get sandy on the program atmo.

Jack Brunk
03-23-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm paying for my 4 plus hours yesterday in the coffin today. Thank goodness that it was really windy today so I could have am excuse not to go out.

e-RICHIE
03-23-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm paying for my 4 plus hours yesterday in the coffin today. Thank goodness that it was really windy today so I could have am excuse not to go out.
you must be really tan jackmo.

swoop
03-23-2008, 03:25 PM

shoot.. i was looking for you out there in them hills today.

Jack Brunk
03-23-2008, 03:38 PM
shoot.. i was looking for you out there in them hills today.
I was looking for you yesterday. Up here the wind was gusting over 35-40 and I Wasn't going to face that again.

Fat Robert
03-23-2008, 03:43 PM
i go in the coffin at least a little bit every day i ride

don't do this at home

(pucci would say its stupid and not good to do, and he's right)

swoop
03-23-2008, 04:24 PM
i'm in a coma.... tough out there... but gorgeous.
i keep thinking about hampsten et all doing jalama beach in this weather.
it has to be perfect up there.