PDA

View Full Version : good friday off work?

Fixed
03-21-2008, 07:29 AM
i hope everyone get's to do something they like with someone they love ..wait that didn't sound right .. off on the new pacenti it is a blast
cheers happy hoildays

Marcus Torino
03-21-2008, 07:33 AM
I get to go to the eye doc. Then I get to go hurt myself, riding climbs I have not seen from the bike since last year :D

I think that calls for a plethora of :banana: :banana: :banana:

zank
03-21-2008, 07:42 AM
I get to hand in my resignation today. I'm not sure how the Lord will view that considering the day I chose to do it on. I pray for forgiveness...

T minus two hours and counting.

stormyClouds
03-21-2008, 07:47 AM
I get to hand in my resignation today. I'm not sure how the Lord will view that considering the day I chose to do it on. I pray for forgiveness...

T minus two hours and counting.
hang in there, zank. doing the hard things like that are what separate the successful/happy people from the ones who get stuck doing something they don't like for their whole lives.

keno
03-21-2008, 07:50 AM
My four year old Concours (sadly outgrown, top tube challenged) has been rehashed as a TT bike. Picked it up the other day. Hoped to do a first ride today, sun out, temperature acceptable, but my area of NJ has a Wind Warning, 20-30mph with gusts to 40mph.

Maybe some NCAA games and the Tiger Woods show, if shown, watched from the trainer, which, for me, is not the torture it is for others.

keno

jtferraro
03-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Re: biking today - would like to but wind gusts to 45mph here! Maybe it will die down by later this afternoon/early evening?

Zank, you're probably handing it in as I type. I 2nd StormyClouds' response and wish you the best of luck.

benb
03-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Do you guys really find it that bad to ride in the wind?

I've been doing it plenty.. it is annoying but if you just resign yourself it's not that bad. It shouldn't be making you crash or throwing you around the road too bad.

Just don't make the mistake I made yesterday.. leaned my concours against a wall to grab a paper towel after the ride.. ten seconds. And in that time the wind took it for a ride and knocked it down hard. Luckily the only damage was a slight scratch on the saddle, handlebar tape, and rear deraiuller.

The tailwinds make up for it. :)

davids
03-21-2008, 04:02 PM
No riding - On a brief vacation in DC with my family. I got to take a 9 and 14 year old to the International Spy Museum, out for tacos, and for a long walk from one end of the Mall to the other under a clear blue sky. We told jokes to keep the youngster distracted and moving until we could secure some ice cream. And next, a whole lot of friends getting together for Shabbat dinner in about 30 minutes.

A lovely day.

roman meal
03-21-2008, 04:23 PM
No riding - On a brief vacation in DC with my family. I got to take a 9 and 14 year old to the International Spy Museum, out for tacos, and for a long walk from one end of the Mall to the other under a clear blue sky. We told jokes to keep the youngster distracted and moving until we could secure some ice cream. And next, a whole lot of friends getting together for Shabbat dinner in about 30 minutes.

A lovely day.

That sounds like fun. I can't wait to take my kids to D.C.. It was fun to have lived in D.C. and Baltimore for so long. We've moved up to the sticks here in NH, and we'll go back and see everything with them again anew.

northbend
03-21-2008, 05:41 PM
I went skiing with my son who is now home for spring break. Hadn't seen him in over 5 weeks, hadn't skied together in 2 months. It was a good day.

shinomaster
03-21-2008, 06:24 PM
DArren gave up beer for Easter.

DarrenCT
03-21-2008, 06:25 PM
DArren gave up beer for Easter.

i still feel like ass. im tempted to have a bloody marry.

or maybe i need to get a swedish massage?

Erik.Lazdins
03-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Had a tough last fortnight at work - off today - had a great day off, spent time with those who matter most.

E

ti_boi
03-21-2008, 09:59 PM
And a Good Friday it was today -- my WKU (class of 1988) boys upset Drake! Buzzer beater time....my landscaping crew came for the first cleanup of spring....my dogs got groomed....I played music all afternoon...and ended the day watching independent cinema.....Tomorrow....I ride! Wahoooooooo :beer:

shinomaster
03-21-2008, 10:01 PM
i still feel like ass. im tempted to have a bloody marry.

or maybe i need to get a swedish massage?

Hit IKEA on the way to the airport and get a Swedish meatball.

davyt
03-22-2008, 05:17 AM
Went for a ride with my oldest daughter. We saw some native Rainbow Trout in Browns Creek (one of which probably went between 2 and 3 pounds), scared up a covey of quail and rode over the San Andreas Fault without incident. It wasn't a Good Friday, it was a great Friday!

GONE4ARIDE
03-22-2008, 05:35 AM
Re-built my Uniscasi in preparation for an upcoming trip to Santa B. / Solvang.

Got in a 2 hr ride, albeit a cold one; 25 deg. with 20-30 mph gusts from the N. Still, it beat sitting on the effin trainer.

...and yes, I did ride with my iPod. Rocked out to some old Yes, Genesis and ELP.

old_school
03-22-2008, 06:03 AM
I worked my a$$ off yesterday, but it felt great! It has been a rough winter for most, economically, here in New England; nevertheless, on Good Friday people eat fish. It was nice to see some smiling familiar faces.

ps> can't wait to see that terraplane, Rob