PDA

View Full Version : Cycles Plus in Huntington, NY (Long Island)

WickedWheels
03-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Does anyone here frequent this shop? Ever been there?

I'm looking for some reviews.

Monthly Payment
03-20-2008, 08:07 PM
I went there is the 1990s when they had a shop in Port Washington. Pat (the owner) is a good guy. Sold me my first cycling clothing, hooked me up with setting up my first Serotta, and I hung out there frequently like a shop rat. I think the superstores (Brand's, Carl Hart, Rotations) on LI have overshadowed Cycles Plus, but when I moved back to NY, I was glad to see they are still going strong.

What are you looking for? I imagine there must be lots of shops in between NYC and Huntington you could go to for almost anything.

bigman
03-20-2008, 11:08 PM
go to roadworx in syosett

cleavel
03-21-2008, 12:11 AM
go to roadworx in syosett
Ahhh, Syosett... I remember getting sent home from Berry Hill elementary in 1st grade when JFK was assassinated. My mother retired as a teacher from Syosett HS. Nice to know that there is a good bike shop there.

BTW, is Visentin's in Oyster Bay still in business? I bought my first real race bike from them.

dschlichting
03-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Bought my first Serotta from Pat in 1991 and have been a steady customer every since. Pat is a good guy and Manny is a top notch mechanic. Bought my new Legend Ti from Signature Cycles but sourced most of the parts from Cycles Plus and had Manny build the wheels. They run a good business.
I've never been into Roadworx, but have heard only good things about them.
Bought most of my stuff from Visentin in the 1970's and 1980's but not much since. I think their business has gone into the very low end of product lines, judging fromteh website

MerckxMad
03-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Actually, Roadworx is great shop.