PDA

View Full Version : Bike love...

bulliedawg
09-05-2004, 05:32 PM
MA's thread about Fat Chance got me asking this question: How much is your opinion of a bike colored by the great times we had while riding it? I love my Yo Eddy in part because I was living on a cattle ranch in Western North Carolina, and had the freedom and stamina to mountain bike every day in the most beautiful mountains in the U.S.

If I’d been riding a Huffy during that period of my life, I might think it was the greatest riding bike in the world.

pale scotsman
09-05-2004, 07:24 PM
There is one bike I wish I still had because of the memorable times, some good, some bad. One was a '87 Schwinn Cimarron with full XT SIS. Man I loved that bike but someone stole it in '89.

The other one I still have. It's a '84 Specialized Stumpjumper with over the BB cable guides, biplane fork, bullmoose bar/stem combo, suntour power ratchet, and a wheelbase close to that of a tandem. That bike has seen it all and keeps right on chugging along.

Dekonick
09-05-2004, 10:13 PM
I really miss my bridgestone MB-6. Not even near the top of their line, but it sure was a great bike. Suntour 'ponents, hardtail, my first exposure to mtn bikes (prefer road)