PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testers Needed - Cycling Log

GuyGadois
03-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Serotta Forum members,
We are currently seeking 25 avid cyclists to participate in beta testing the new version of ProLog 2008 Premium from ProLog Cycling. ProLog 2008 is a Microsoft Excel-based cycling log that is design by and for avid cyclists. The spreadsheet is easy to use yet very detailed with the statistics about the users riding.

Help is needed using and giving feedback about the Premium version. Users are expected to use and send feedback about the product. We will take the feedback and improve the product. In exchange the Premium version will be provided all year at no charge.

Requirement: Microsoft Excel (mac or pc), consistent riding

If you are interested, please go to our website for more information: http://web.mac.com/danspeirs/prolog/beta.html

Ride On

hoss
03-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Just signed up. :banana: I've been using some different spreadsheets over the years but am interested in seeing what you have to offer.

Blue Jays
03-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Let me take a quick look at that website. Could certainly be interesting.

MarleyMon
03-19-2008, 03:41 PM
GuyGadois, you just agreed to
the Forum User Agreement:

Rules:

If you are a retailer or manufacturer, you may not advertise your products or services on this forum.(exception for Serotta Dealers with permission)
You may not advertise other websites, via posts, PMs, or signatures. The purpose of this rule is to prevent careless spammers from abusing our forum. This also is intended to prevent posts of a competitive nature. These posts will be edited or deleted, with or without notice, and the members may be banned.

xjoex
03-19-2008, 04:12 PM
I have written a web based cycling/training log: http://www.statsulator.com/

I have no interest in making money, this service is free if you want to check it out send me a pm.

You can see a quick walk through of it here: http://www.instructables.com/id/SJ8N5GPFCZDYVPO/

Thanks,
-Joe

GuyGadois
03-19-2008, 04:30 PM
GuyGadois, you just agreed to
the Forum User Agreement:

Rules:

If you are a retailer or manufacturer, you may not advertise your products or services on this forum.(exception for Serotta Dealers with permission)
You may not advertise other websites, via posts, PMs, or signatures. The purpose of this rule is to prevent careless spammers from abusing our forum. This also is intended to prevent posts of a competitive nature. These posts will be edited or deleted, with or without notice, and the members may be banned.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. You may delete it if you wish. I wasn't meaning to advertise another website, just looking for beta testers and I pointed them to another website to download it. Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Guy Gadois

sr51
03-19-2008, 05:15 PM
GuyGadois, great user name. Here is looking at you kid.

GuyGadois
03-19-2008, 08:41 PM
GuyGadois, great user name. Here is looking at you kid.

That is not my dog ;-)

Louis
03-19-2008, 08:54 PM
ProLog 2008 is a Microsoft Excel-based cycling log that is design by and for avid cyclists. The spreadsheet is easy to use yet very detailed with the statistics about the users riding.

GG,

Some guys here (not I) do some serious riding. Do you think a spreadsheet with a limit of 2^16 rows will be sufficient for them? :p

Louis

GuyGadois
03-20-2008, 09:20 AM
GG,

Some guys here (not I) do some serious riding. Do you think a spreadsheet with a limit of 2^16 rows will be sufficient for them? :p

Louis

Ha! This new version allows the users to add unlimited rides! Even you Coppi's will have enough space on this. Although, Excel has a limit of 10,000 or so rows, so this spreadsheet won't work if you ride over 10,000 a year. :D

Louis
03-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Ha! This new version allows the users to add unlimited rides! Even you Coppi's will have enough space on this. Although, Excel has a limit of 10,000 or so rows, so this spreadsheet won't work if you ride over 10,000 a year. :D

The versions of Excel I use are limited to 2^16 = 65536 rows, so I think that I'll be safe :D

CarbonCycles
03-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Works great until next version of excel comes out where macros are forbidden (already on the current version of mac)

GuyGadois
03-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Works great until next version of excel comes out where macros are forbidden (already on the current version of mac)
I think that you can't write macros but you can still use macros. Not sure what Microsoft's thinking is on this one. Macros are an important part of Excel but that is way off topic and quite a boring conversation imo.

CarbonCycles
03-20-2008, 09:38 AM
I think that you can't write macros but you can still use macros. Not sure what Microsoft's thinking is on this one. Macros are an important part of Excel but that is way off topic and quite a boring conversation imo.

boring, meh depends on who you are talking too. personally, it's a smart move by mickeysoft...screw the consumer base, force them to upgrade and release a crappier product. HOORAY :banana:

p.s. macros are still allowed in a very restricted manner; however, for mac applescript is being pushed. as for windows users, my sincerest apologizes for having to deal with such a pos.

GuyGadois
03-20-2008, 09:57 AM
FYI, I have extended the beta test out to 50 people due to the demand but I will cut it off at 50. I think there are 14 spaces left. Please only sign up if you plan on truly using it. Thanks.

Guy G.