PDA

View Full Version : sickly thin this time of year

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 08:08 AM
never seen him this thin, this time of year..................what is the dealio...... ? tirreno adriatico
http://www.cyclingnews.com//photos/2008/mar08/tirreno08/tirreno087/bettiniphoto_0024795_1_full.jpg

Spicoli
03-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Yeah your right :confused: Big George (relative term now) giving up on the Classics? Or is this some new approach?

Geoff
03-19-2008, 08:16 AM
He's finnaly riding for himself and really wants to win a classic?

Spicoli
03-19-2008, 08:18 AM
He's finnaly riding for himself and really wants to win a classic?
Yeah but to get that thin somethings gotta give and its usually power.

Geoff
03-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Yeah but to get that thin somethings gotta give and its usually power.

yes he would most likely lose some power on the wrong program, but with the right program his power to wieght may be going up. ;)

Climb01742
03-19-2008, 08:22 AM
remember a few years ago when alessandro petacchi got really skinny to try to get over the climbs and lost his punch? wonder if georgie might be risking the same thing? he's always climbed reasonably well at previous weight. wonder what he could gain from super skinny?

Blue Jays
03-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Looks like he is about to enjoy a can of calorie-free Fresca soda, a refreshing citrus beverage.

ericspin
03-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Road rash? Looks like he's been surfin' asphalt.

M.Sommers
03-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Life sucks w/o EPO, GH and steroids.

"In this later circumstance the individual develops anemia as a result of the body’s reaction against repeated EPO injections."

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 08:38 AM
pickle diet:

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/graphics/4070/label.gif

onto something here:

"yes he would most likely lose some power on the wrong program, but with the right program his power to wieght may be going up." :D

97CSI
03-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Life sucks w/o EPO, GH and steroids.Any proof to back up your lame accusations?

M.Sommers
03-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Any proof to back up your lame accusations?

Yes. Cogito ergo sum. I am alive, blood circulating and my brain works. Kinda like "I think, therefore I'm atmo." You can enjoy a good read if you choose, 'From Lance to Landis' by David Walsh.

http://www.amazon.com/Lance-Landis-Inside-American-Controversy/dp/034549962X

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=2916991

It is only a logical possibility. Could be a number of reasons, but a logical option is what is known as 'passive doping'; a clean rider is trying to keep up with le peleton who is juiced and the clean rider can do it only so long until his engine burns out. The result is the clean rider's hematocrit level sinks, while the peleton soars; the clean rider becomes anemic, withers away. Ask Christophe Bassons etc.

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 08:49 AM
i was reading that in my car this morning......not to my kids, but to myself - music blasting............. funny coincidence. :D

93legendti
03-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Looks like he is about to enjoy a can of calorie-free Fresca soda, a refreshing citrus beverage.
That reminds me of a Sopranos scene..."get me a Fresca".

rphetteplace
03-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Yes. Cogito ergo sum. I am alive, blood circulating and my brain works. Kinda like "I think, therefore I'm atmo." You can enjoy a good read if you choose, 'From Lance to Landis' by David Walsh.

http://www.amazon.com/Lance-Landis-Inside-American-Controversy/dp/034549962X

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=2916991

It is only a logical possibility. Could be a number of reasons, but a logical option is what is known as 'passive doping'; a clean rider is trying to keep up with le peleton who is juiced and the clean rider can do it only so long until his engine burns out. The result is the clean rider's hematocrit level sinks, while the peleton soars; the clean rider becomes anemic, withers away. Ask Christophe Bassons etc.

This kind of bs should be BANNED way quicker than politics discussions imho

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 09:12 AM

why ?

M.Sommers
03-19-2008, 09:12 AM

Ban a link to David Walsh's book? Ban Christophe Bassons? Ban the ability to utilize three-dimensional thought? :confused: The OP posted a 'sickly thin' photo of a pro rider. It's open to interpretation based on logical reasoning. Why do you not mind all of the bs that is thrown at Lance Armstrong (he's called just about every name in the book on just about every forum atmo).

Be careful what you wish for.

Big Daddy
03-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Olsen twin diet...hoping LA will come back to him.

Big Daddy
03-19-2008, 09:21 AM

I wish to be the governor of NY...those cats get major action!

rphetteplace
03-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Ban a link to David Walsh's book? Ban Christophe Bassons? Ban the ability to utilize three-dimensional thought? :confused: The OP posted a 'sickly thin' photo of a pro rider. It's open to interpretation based on logical reasoning. Why do you not mind all of the bs that is thrown at Lance Armstrong (he's called just about every name in the book on just about every forum atmo).

I do mind it. Until I've actually seen them shove a needle in there ass I don't think anyone has any business calling them a doper. We're all entitled to opinions, but when your making accusations about a man's livelihood and his conduct I'd be pissed at hell if you did it to me.

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 09:28 AM
I do mind it. Until I've actually seen them shove a needle in there ass I don't think anyone has any business calling them a doper. We're all entitled to opinions, but when your making accusations about a man's livelihood and his conduct I'd be pissed at hell if you did it to me.

have you read the book?

rphetteplace
03-19-2008, 09:32 AM
have you read the book?

no I'm illiterate

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 09:39 AM
I enjoyed reading it.

In regards to George,

he sure does look mighty skinny this time of year.

Grant McLean
03-19-2008, 09:42 AM
We're all entitled to opinions, .

thanks for clarifying. i was confused for a moment

-g

swoop
03-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Any proof to back up your lame accusations?

well there's always the lemond/oakley audio tape. but then again.. i would if i were there too.
he looks fine to me. his chin looks like its back where it needs to be.

bike racing is anorectic.

rphetteplace
03-19-2008, 09:47 AM
thanks for clarifying. i was confused for a moment

-g

except canadians :banana:

93legendti
03-19-2008, 09:47 AM
have you read the book?
Last time he paid someone $8,850 for her "story". How many people did he pay this time?

http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200512/lance-armstrong-2.html

"...As for O'Reilly, her allegations also seem at least once removed from being proof. Walsh says in the book that she told him she had never personally administered doping products at Postal, nor had she seen Armstrong take any known banned substances. And, the book goes on to say, she never inquired about the nature of the pills she drove across the Spanish-French border in 1999.

It's also a fact that Walsh has said in the past that he did not pay Emma O'Reilly, when he actually did. Walsh recently admitted in an interview with Outside that he had paid O'Reilly for her story, despite assuring VeloNews in June 2004 that he had not. His explanation for telling this falsehood is that "I felt at the time if I'd said yes, she would have been absolutely screwed."

Walsh claims that two months after O'Reilly completed the unpaid interview with him in early July 2003, she called to protest that the book would be a success based largely on her interview, while her only reward would be Armstrong's wrath. (Walsh says he's made around $55,000 from the book.) According to Walsh, he told Ballester about the situation and then paid O'Reilly approximately $8,850 on September 19, 2003..."

73Camaro_Dude
03-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Olsen twin diet...hoping LA will come back to him.

Are you suggesting that the Olsen twins are doping? ***.

swoop
03-19-2008, 10:14 AM
can well all just for a moment comprehend that this isn't about angels and devils and that at the highest level every guy has flirted with the patch, the creme, and the shots. that it was the sharp end of the stick of the reality of the sport.

that it happened within a context and evolved and is still evolving.. and that its not about good and bad.. but about public and private realities.

and what's changed is that its become a financial issiue rather than a moral one.

i am an ethical person. i am a moral person. if i were 26 and racing d-1 in europe i can say without blinking that at some point in some way i would have had a relationship with the stuff. i'd like to think i'd hate it and move on.. but i sure as ef have done it. because it was unavoidable.
its becoming avoidable. that's cool. makes for better racing.

so what?
next were going to insist these guys are in the center of healthy bmi.. cus i got news for you.. good cyclists tend towards anorectic behavior (not all but most). its not pretty.... do you want fast guys or healthy guys?

MarleyMon
03-19-2008, 10:19 AM
have you read the book?
I read it (From Lance to Landis) and thought it was filled with innuendo, rumor and vague implication based on association.
At best it made a mildly plausible circumstantial case for LA's pre-cancer PED use. A stronger case was made for the widespread use throughout pro cycling. And, Walsh seems to say, if he was beating the dopers, well, there you go - QED.

Hey M.Sommers - are you Viper, Hvorford? & 73Camaro_Dude, too? (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Fat Robert
03-19-2008, 10:19 AM
ugh

i used to look like that

now i'm 26 pounds fatter

its good to be fat

unless you're a bike racer

george looks ok to me

(then again ten years ago I rocked 144 at six-one...FTP was only 300w, but i could do pretty well in the uscf thing...but man i looked like ****)

Big Daddy
03-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Looks PRO.

the stomach growling must be really loud!

J.Greene
03-19-2008, 11:20 AM
I wish to be the governor of NY...those cats get major action!

Hang out with me, you won't have to pay for it. But as my wingman you have to know your place.

JG

bostondrunk
03-19-2008, 11:24 AM
he looks fine to me. his chin looks like its back where it needs to be.

lol, I didn't know that was reversible! :)

Do they actually test for growth hormone yet??

coylifut
03-19-2008, 12:02 PM
seems like many of the great champions weren't the super skinny guys. I sat in during a LeMond speaking engagement and he was asked what his race weight was and his answer was - 158 at the start of the tour, 155 at the finish. Big Mig was not only tall, but not super skinny. During Lance's last two tours he appeared to bigger than his first five. His Nike Liason told me that Lance told him he entered his last tour at 163. I guess this is still skinny compared to the general public, but not compared to their peer group. Seems like these guys need a little mass to still be good at the end of a 3 week GT.

saab2000
03-19-2008, 12:32 PM

:banana:

72gmc
03-19-2008, 12:32 PM
sure George looks thin. But no thinner than an endurance runner. And Tyler won L-B-L with a relatively wispy upper body (no other comparisons intended).

I guess I'm over the in-you-endo because it's too easy to take pot (belge) shots and there's nothing to gain.

Dave B
03-19-2008, 12:34 PM
His wife is pretty.

Sorry that is about as much as I enjoy the Hincapies.

BUTCH RIDES
03-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Life sucks w/o EPO, GH and steroids.

"In this later circumstance the individual develops anemia as a result of the body’s reaction against repeated EPO injections."
we have a winner ladies and gentleman
b.

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 01:00 PM
CHECK OUT THOSE GUNS :banana:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/mar08/tirreno08/tirreno084/bettiniphoto_0024571_1_full.jpg

gt6267a
03-19-2008, 01:03 PM
One of the most interesting yet not talked about bits and pieces of From Lance to Landis:

I don’t have the book in front of me so I may not be perfectly exact … Walsh writes about Lance’s hormone levels, specifically the one that spiked when he came down with testicular cancer. This is the one with the huge surprise moment in “Its not about the bike” where Lance reads off the level as 109 to a doctor who says that is high but not crazytime and then Lance says, “What is this k behind the number? And that is when the doctor realizes Lance is in a lot of trouble. Ok, without remembering the blood marker name, hopefully its clear which one I am talking about.

Apparently this same blood marker is scrutinized tightly in doping controls because someone using banned products would show a strange number either as a bodily reaction to the banned substances or due to masking it, I forget. Either way, the important point is that its tested for in the doping controls.

Because of this testing, over the years, athletes have been accused of cheating and when they go to prove their innocence end up with an early diagnosis of testicular cancer and its quite a good thing for the athlete. In the book, Walsh speaks to a few examples of this nature.

In “Its not about the Bike” Lance talks about having pain in that region months before the blood spitting and cancer diagnosis. Even just 6 weeks before his diagnosis, Lance was tested at a race and earlier that summer … so … why didn’t Lance ever come up positive in doping controls?

In this case, it would be perfectly reasonable / explainable / expected / a good thing / I could keep going / positive for lance to fail this doping control. In fact, I suspect he wish he had so as to diagnose the cancer earlier. Yet, Lance has never failed a doping control when HE SHOULD HAVE. This is NOT a statement about whether or not Lance doped or the hospital room ever happened … why did he not fail a doping control because with testicular cancer he should have?

While the (French) media is so wrapped up in breaking headlines about Lance / athletes doping … why not a huge story about the UCI / ASO / whoev not busting athletes when they are positive? Why no big story in lequipe (sp) about Lance NOT coming up positive when he should have? This seems like it should be a huge story where the UCI / ASO will look either incompetent or complicit.

Grant McLean
03-19-2008, 01:06 PM
CHECK OUT THOSE GUNS :banana:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/mar08/tirreno08/tirreno084/bettiniphoto_0024571_1_full.jpg

photo is actual size.
scale 1:1

:)

-g

stevep
03-19-2008, 01:12 PM
little jelly roll on bettini.
looks 20 pounds over. that s a lot for a little guy.
looks like the tour of lombardy not lbl to me
s

swoop
03-19-2008, 01:15 PM
he's been doing five and six hour days without drinking or eating to lose the weight.

sounds like this is his last year....

and in three years he'll look like saiz.

giordana93
03-19-2008, 01:29 PM
he's been doing five and six hour days without drinking or eating to lose the weight.

sounds like this is his last year....

and in three years he'll look like saiz.

yeah, when is he ever going to figure out how to manage his season and start winning some races?! Did anybody see world championships this year? it's a long, hard season. I think he'll lose the gut "racing into shape". Worlds in Italy, six months from now. he'll be there

goonster
03-19-2008, 01:31 PM
why didn’t Lance ever come up positive in doping controls?

test != test

When an athlete submits a sample, it could be tested for one or one hundred substances. He could have been tested for steroids and stimulants, but not testosterone or other hormones. Since testing is expensive, I wouldn't be surprised if many samples never get tested at all. Surely their collection, in and of itself, has a certain deterrent effect.

Naturally, the authorities go to great lengths to keep their testing methods under wraps, so we hardly ever know what goes on behind the curtain.

swoop
03-19-2008, 01:39 PM
yeah, when is he ever going to figure out how to manage his season and start winning some races?! Did anybody see world championships this year? it's a long, hard season. I think he'll lose the gut "racing into shape". Worlds in Italy, six months from now. he'll be there

i didn't say he wasn't the man. i'm just relating what he said about himself...
them be his thoughts... it is his last year and he is having weight issues.
you're abstracting and generalizing from there.. so that's all you.
even at his level and with all his success.. that's a lot of suffering to live through...
i'd get fat in winter too.

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 01:42 PM
he is quite the rider, and i am sure the death of his brother was quite a blow. One of my favourite shots......................lot of pain in those eyes :confused:

http://zerofilter.typepad.com/soc/images/2007/10/02/picture_4.png

GoJavs
03-19-2008, 01:49 PM
At this moment, I've concluded that Ullrich, Basso, Heras, Pantani, Hamilton, Botero, Landis, Rumsas, Gotti, Millar, Sevilla, etc. were all lazy fat-a$$es.

That's why they could never beat a clean Lance. :rolleyes:

Honestly. That's the only way I don't feel robbed of the 10-12 years of cheering for him.

In this case, ignorance is pure bliss. :)

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 01:50 PM
sauro and paolo

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races06/lombardia06/lombardia06-sauro450.jpg

giordana93
03-19-2008, 01:57 PM
i didn't say he wasn't the man. i'm just relating what he said about himself...
them be his thoughts... it is his last year and he is having weight issues.
you're abstracting and generalizing from there.. so that's all you.
even at his level and with all his success.. that's a lot of suffering to live through...
i'd get fat in winter too.
that's cool, I wasn't trying to be a smarta$$. just throwing it out there for fun, as I'm sure everyone here already knew what I posted re: worlds. lots of suffering is right. these guys are always on that fine edge between ultra-fit and just "sickly thin" as the thread title goes. I would think it's even healthier to let the weight catch up with you during an off season to have a little fat for the cold wet races of spring, especially for those Eye-talian boys (yeah, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it: I need to get fat in winter..) :beer:

Fat Robert
03-19-2008, 01:57 PM
why didn’t Lance ever come up positive in doping controls?

because *if* he doped, he didn't test positive for the same reason that Ulrich and Basso never did, and Virenque never did, and ________ never did (insert euro-dog name in blank space)...because *if* he was, he was paying good money for top-rate "medical support," and if properly done, he wouldn't fail a test....

swoop
03-19-2008, 01:59 PM
can i just restate my love of andy hamspten. still skinny, still clean and still has a hot brother.

we should all retire like that.

and yes.. aside from my tainted floyd tour autographed podium cap from the tour, and my simoni autographed musette, i've got my paolo points jersey signed at the giro a couple years ago. now if i can get these guys together to shoot the president i can sell this crap on ebay and retire.

(dear secret service agent reading this... im kidding. its a figure of speech).

BUTCH RIDES
03-19-2008, 02:00 PM
it's the olives
b.

giordana93
03-19-2008, 02:03 PM
can i just restate my love of andy hamspten. still skinny, still clean and still has a hot brother.

+1
class act. who can ever forget the pictures from the blizzard at the giro he won?

stevep
03-19-2008, 02:17 PM
let me know when you open the museum.
i got a few pieces fr you
s

and yes.. aside from my tainted floyd tour autographed podium cap from the tour, and my simoni autographed musette, i've got my paolo points jersey signed at the giro a couple years ago. now if i can get these guys together to shoot the president i can sell this crap on ebay and retire.

M.Sommers
03-19-2008, 02:18 PM

+1 on Andy Hampsten. 'From Lance to Landis' only reminded me of how great Andy was, is and will remain a class act.

Big Daddy
03-19-2008, 02:34 PM

the kid just punched the clock, did his job and went home. Loved it!
(i wonder if he would like to be a DS)

JMerring
03-19-2008, 02:37 PM
That's why they could never beat a clean Lance.

Clean Lance? I like Lance (kinda) but I think he is clean the same way I think Bush is an honest, upstanding, competent guy.

e-RICHIE
03-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Clean Lance? I like Lance (kinda) but I think he is clean the same way I think Bush is an honest, upstanding, competent guy.
i'm sorry for you atmo... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxtxQQLkJ0)

JMerring
03-19-2008, 03:43 PM
i'm sorry for you atmo... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxtxQQLkJ0)

Let me begin by saying that I feel honored that e-richie responded to a post. (Honest)

However, not sure what lance standing on the podium next to basso and ullrich is supposed to prove other than that - maybe - he's a doper too. Care to elaborate (fwiw, I was being sarcastic by saying that bush is honest, upstanding and competent)?

Dave B
03-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Bob Roll was clean and that is all that matters to me!

Best cyclist ever!

atmo of course. :beer: :beer: :banana: :banana:

stevep
03-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Let me begin by saying that I feel honored that e-richie responded to a post. (Honest)

However, not sure what lance standing on the podium next to basso and ullrich is supposed to prove other than that - maybe - he's a doper too. Care to elaborate (fwiw, I was being sarcastic by saying that bush is honest, upstanding and competent)?

im e-richies agent.
he was agreeing with you.

you just moved up on the wait list.

Tom Sagamore
03-19-2008, 04:22 PM
im e-richies agent.
he was agreeing with you.

you just moved up on the wait list.

ah - i figured as much but am the type who needs actual confirmation. thanks for clearing it up and glad to have moved up on the list.

e-RICHIE
03-19-2008, 04:23 PM

pooch is right (http://serotta.com/forum/showpost.php?p=509136&postcount=63) -
i was agreeing with youmo.

ah - i figured as much but am the type who needs actual confirmation. thanks for clearing it up and glad to have moved up on the list.

are you JMerring atmo?

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 04:52 PM

Best cyclist ever!

Clean................well sort of :banana:

http://beckybroeder.com/bobke1.gif

giordana93
03-19-2008, 04:54 PM
ok, I guess I'm a little confused. podium shot of basso and ullrich: well, they are not riding anymore because, ahem... doesn't look good. no comment on LA
but what about vive le tour? is that out (bad) too?
that's the problem with sarcasm, esp. in print.
...therefore it should be banned. no mo atmo imo.
:argue:

Dave B
03-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Clean................well sort of :banana:

God I love Bob Roll.

He is who I want to be in my next life.

Darrell
03-19-2008, 04:57 PM

I am with you about Andy! :beer:

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 05:02 PM
i was racing cactus cup as an expert, when he cut open his artery on a cactus.............my buddy saw him come in from the TT, fall to the ground, with blood dripping everywhere..........crazy arse mofo........that he is:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/jpacetti/bobkewithburns.jpg

also watched him race a stage race in Santa Fe that year for Z. nice memories

http://www.bobroll.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=58

Dave B
03-19-2008, 05:11 PM
i was racing cactus cup as an expert, when he cut open his artery on a cactus.............my buddy saw him come in from the TT, fall to the ground, with blood dripping everywhere..........crazy arse mofo........that he is:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/jpacetti/bobkewithburns.jpg

also watched him race a stage race in Santa Fe that year for Z. nice memories

seriously, how can you not love him?

Bob if your out there reading I want to be friends.

I think we can have some fun!

stevep
03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
george looks awful.

he almost looks sick.
yeeesh.
wonder what lies in his head?

take a shot at the giro?
hmmm. more than meets the eye here.
this is not a classics body.

e-RICHIE
03-19-2008, 05:15 PM
george looks awful.

he almost looks sick.
yeeesh.
wonder what lies in his head?

take a shot at the giro?
hmmm. more than meets the eye here.
this is not a classics body.
he's training for the half hour record atmo.

gt6267a
03-19-2008, 05:21 PM
because *if* he doped, he didn't test positive for the same reason that Ulrich and Basso never did, and Virenque never did, and ________ never did (insert euro-dog name in blank space)...because *if* he was, he was paying good money for top-rate "medical support," and if properly done, he wouldn't fail a test....

I suppose this is part of what puzzles me. For every pro who we think is dirty … for every Lemond story: I was kicking everyone’s arse and was more fit than ever going into the 1991 tour so why did I get my arse kicked … for every Andy H story in from Lance to Landis about how he was riding the same during training but started getting beaten by packs of guys that he never saw before on a climb … or for every etc etc … all these stories sounds / look awful but in a data loving world, where’s the beef?

Yet … here is a situation where data on the beta-hCG exists or could. If goonster is right and the blood was not tested for beta-hCG everyone is off the hook. Hip hip hooray. If the blood was tested for beta-hCG like they claim, and there was no positive … isn’t that much stronger evidence of complicity OR masking than “that guy went faster than me and shouldn’t have”? Either way ... he doped or they choose to not bust him, it seems there is the possibility for something more concrete yet appears to go un-pursued beyond supposition in this book.

AgilisMerlin
03-19-2008, 05:23 PM
if he does all the classics, he definately won't be al dente', for the Giro

http://www.roadcycling.com/artman/uploads/george_hincapie_interview_2.jpg

http://www.roadcycling.com/artman/uploads

Erik.Lazdins
03-20-2008, 04:42 AM
I'm guessing George is 155 which doesn't look right for a guy who weighed 170-175 in 2000 / 2001 when he contended for the cobble trophy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b3Qf8PPOHk

Big Daddy
03-20-2008, 07:49 AM

I was racing that same race/cat that year! Loved it, love him. Took my kids to meet him a few weeks ago here in Lawrence. BTW...

Rock Chalkmo Jayhawk! Go KU!

dirtdigger88
03-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Big George last September

I thought he looked thin then :rolleyes:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l162/dirt_011/TOM/TourofMissouri137.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l162/dirt_011/TOM/TourofMissouri177.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l162/dirt_011/TOM/TourofMissouri236.jpg

Jason

stevep
03-20-2008, 08:24 AM
shiite,
a chin like that would be a huge advantage in a photo finish sprint.
get him 5-6 cms.

roman meal
03-20-2008, 08:25 AM
shiite,
a chin like that would be a huge advantage in a photo finish sprint.
get him 5-6 cms.

Why wasn't John Kerry a pro cyclist, then?

stormyClouds
03-20-2008, 08:31 AM
Big George last September

I thought he looked thin then :rolleyes:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l162/dirt_011/TOM/TourofMissouri177.jpg

Jason

dude in the khakis needs some shades so people can't tell what he is looking at. geez

e-RICHIE
03-20-2008, 08:38 AM
dude in the khakis needs some shades so people can't tell what he is looking at. geez
dude - atmo...

http://www.velopress.com/pictures/42.jpg

roman meal
03-20-2008, 08:42 AM

"He might be fast, but I got it all over him"

William
03-20-2008, 08:44 AM

Best cyclist ever!

I like Bob Roll to. :cool: But I think not. Spy photos show the Bobster licking testosterone patches....

Just sayin'

William ;)

stevep
03-20-2008, 09:24 AM

cant climb

ClutchCargo
03-20-2008, 09:27 AM
I was racing that same race/cat that year! Loved it, love him. Took my kids to meet him a few weeks ago here in Lawrence. BTW...

Rock Chalkmo Jayhawk! Go KU!

HA! Which second round are they gonna go out in this time ???
:p
:D

stevep
03-20-2008, 09:28 AM
I like Bob Roll to. :cool: But I think not. Spy photos show the Bobster licking testosterone patches....

Just sayin'

William ;)

anyone think of what mr roll might actually be doing here?

Dave B
03-20-2008, 09:29 AM

Just sayin'

William ;)

But nobody licks like Bob! :banana: :banana:

Bob = Levity
Hampsten = class
Lance = being able to find all the women who look the same...and lots of treks sold.

M.Sommers
03-20-2008, 11:11 AM

He voted for windsurfing before he voted for cycling. :) Pretty good athlete he seems to be. :beer:

PS. I get a little freaked out when I see GH photos. His eyes have a weird look, like his mom drank hard liquor when he was still in the basket. :confused:

Grant McLean
03-20-2008, 12:27 PM

However, not sure what lance standing on the podium next to basso and ullrich is supposed to prove other than that - maybe - he's a doper too. Care to elaborate ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxtxQQLkJ0

Lance's final podium speech has become the "believe" test about dope.
He says "he's sorry for people who don't believe in cycling, and don't
believe in the athletes"... what does he mean? It means if you
don't ever test positive, then you're clean. And if you test positive,
like Floyd, then you need to believe the test is wrong, because you're
supposed to "believe"...

-g

BUTCH RIDES
03-20-2008, 12:38 PM
+1 on Andy Hampsten. 'From Lance to Landis' only reminded me of how great Andy was, is and will remain a class act.

+1 and he's from n.d. my 2nd most fav state

I hope that was a girl bob was licking it's hard to tell sometimes

AgilisMerlin
03-20-2008, 12:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxtxQQLkJ0

Lance's final podium speech has become the "believe" test about dope.
He says "he's sorry for people who don't believe in cycling, and don't
believe in the athletes"... what does he mean? It means if you
don't ever test positive, then you're clean. And if you test positive,
like Floyd, then you need to believe the test is wrong, because you're
supposed to "believe"...

-g

I found that video surprising............cause each step of that podium was "duped by the dope" - ya know what i mean............. :D

BUTCH RIDES
03-20-2008, 12:41 PM
I found that video surprising............cause each step of that podium was "duped by the dope" - ya know what i mean............. :D
most of us were