http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/babes/babes08/toc08-rock.jpg

flux
03-17-2008, 04:28 PM
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/babes/babes08/toc08-rock.jpg
DarrenCT where are you?

e-RICHIE
03-17-2008, 04:32 PM
DarrenCT where are you?
i see him between some of those threads atmo.

stevep
03-17-2008, 04:32 PM
flux.
concentrate.
get yr mind back to the bike
s

DarrenCT
03-17-2008, 04:40 PM
DarrenCT where are you?

just saw this. off to pickup e-richie. we will find these girls and report back.

AgilisMerlin
03-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Ball makes Sinatra proud

BumbleBeeDave
03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
. . . realley DOES get more than Sinatra? ;)

BBD

e-RICHIE
03-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Ball makes Sinatra proud
ball made david paterson proud too atmo.

AgilisMerlin
03-17-2008, 04:50 PM
jeez,

Ball makes me proud :D well, proud enough

MarleyMon
03-17-2008, 04:55 PM
3 faces and 8 legs - talk about your chimeric twins!

AgilisMerlin
03-17-2008, 04:59 PM
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/80046463.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1933B836CAF14D5D5C8D740F2D318BDB6D7 5A5397277B4DC33E

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2320/2284387701_cc4df8f9c9.jpg?v=1203735705

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2291/2292763790_1181e95516.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2209/2291976479_610b18a699.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2293/2292765052_c53f4a4b94.jpg?v=0

Blue Jays
03-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Asian woman pictured above has healthy & shiny tresses of hair.

petitelilpettit
03-17-2008, 05:56 PM
If they only had some decent racers.

Watched them this past weekend at the LA Circuit race have 15+ riders in the race and had the leadout train, and were still not able to put someone in the top 5.

Pettit

pdxmech13
03-17-2008, 08:22 PM
where did those girls get those cups ?

swoop
03-17-2008, 08:27 PM
If they only had some decent racers.

Watched them this past weekend at the LA Circuit race have 15+ riders in the race and had the leadout train, and were still not able to put someone in the top 5.

Pettit

that wasn't a race. it was a z4 ride in the wind with a botched sprint on the end. tyler's pull early in the lead out put his team in the hole... they fried.
i kid you not... he's that strong.

girlie
03-17-2008, 09:38 PM
DarrenCT where are you?

just saw this. off to pickup e-richie. we will find these girls and report back.

Take him with you......it was a cry for help........he obviously needs your assistance :rolleyes: Throw the boy a bone he's obviously hungry.

? Are these the team racers or models? Anyone?

Tom Byrnes
03-18-2008, 12:16 AM
? Are these the team racers or models? Anyone?

Judging from the background in the photos, many of those pictures were taken a few weeks ago at the Tour of California- some at the start of Stage 7 in Santa Clarita and a few in Santa Clarita at the end of Stage 6 or in Pasadena at the end of Stage 7.

Rock Racing supplied the Podium Women for the Tour of California. The single women photographed were on stage as Podium Women. There were several attractive young women working at the RR booth selling RR clothing (no cycling kits being sold yet) at both Santa Clarita and Pasadena.

The women photographed are not part of the RR Women's Team. Rock Racing's Women Team had a presence yesterday at the LA Circuit Race, but I do not know how they fared.

LA Circuit Pro Race - As Swoop stated, that wasn't a race where you can fairly judge the quality of RR's team. It was too windy and the 180 degree turn before the final sprint hurt the organization of the lead out for the sprint. Plus, Toyota United had some real strong sprinters there, also.

Tyler and David Clinger were there racing for RR and both were easily approachable and friendly to well wishers and fans. I am glad that RR had a full team at a local race -- it's good for So Cal cycling.

Charles M
03-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Just Models, but then "just" means different things to different people. The Models were really nice too...

I want a job where I'm paid to have fun and just be my pretty self. But then "my pretty self" means different things to different people...

e-RICHIE
03-18-2008, 07:29 AM
I want a job where I'm paid to have fun and just be my pretty self.
then get a paterek manual and move to the northwest atmo.
hey - just kidding.

Ti Designs
03-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Are these the team racers or models? Anyone?

If you want racers you hire racers, if you want models you hire models, the two aren't interchangable. Racers ride bikes and the sponsors hope they represent their products well - not really sure what that says about rock racing. The model's only job is to represent the product. Athletes sometime do well with the "bad boy" image while still representing a product, models get fired for that sort of thing.

Running the titanium jewelry business I've had to hire models in the past. The one I like working with the most got fired from an import car show for knowing more than most of the guys about the cars. She offered to go blonde and act dumber, but the damage was done.

girlie
03-18-2008, 08:42 AM
If you want racers you hire racers, if you want models you hire models, the two aren't interchangable. Racers ride bikes and the sponsors hope they represent their products well - not really sure what that says about rock racing. The model's only job is to represent the product. Athletes sometime do well with the "bad boy" image while still representing a product, models get fired for that sort of thing.

Running the titanium jewelry business I've had to hire models in the past. The one I like working with the most got fired from an import car show for knowing more than most of the guys about the cars. She offered to go blonde and act dumber, but the damage was done.

Thanks for lesson on how sponsorship works - you know I just didn't understand before your post.

Next you'll be saying singers aren't actresses and pro ball players can only be seen on the court or fields ;)

There is no reason why those girls could not race on a local team or even NRC (though for the NRC they maybe would have a-bit-larger legs).....I don't get your point?

petitelilpettit
03-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Judging from the background in the photos, many of those pictures were taken a few weeks ago at the Tour of California- some at the start of Stage 7 in Santa Clarita and a few in Santa Clarita at the end of Stage 6 or in Pasadena at the end of Stage 7.

Rock Racing supplied the Podium Women for the Tour of California. The single women photographed were on stage as Podium Women. There were several attractive young women working at the RR booth selling RR clothing (no cycling kits being sold yet) at both Santa Clarita and Pasadena.

The women photographed are not part of the RR Women's Team. Rock Racing's Women Team had a presence yesterday at the LA Circuit Race, but I do not know how they fared.

LA Circuit Pro Race - As Swoop stated, that wasn't a race where you can fairly judge the quality of RR's team. It was too windy and the 180 degree turn before the final sprint hurt the organization of the lead out for the sprint. Plus, Toyota United had some real strong sprinters there, also.

Tyler and David Clinger were there racing for RR and both were easily approachable and friendly to well wishers and fans. I am glad that RR had a full team at a local race -- it's good for So Cal cycling.

You're right about that, Tom. I raced in the 4's, and we would do 30+ going with the wind and 16 when we turned around. Also, I got screwed on that final turn, as well. Everyone cut the corner, and I got shut down. By the time I got around the corner, everyone was already approaching top speed. In regards to the pro race, however, Hilton Clarke and Dominique Rollin were great on the finishing line. Awesome move.

RR has some great riders. I chat regularly with Rashaan Bahati, cuz I see him at some local training races weekly, and have trained at the velodrome with him. Some of the riders are easily approachable, but some are not.

In regards to the organization, they are doing some good marketing. If that's what it takes to draw in new fans, so be it.

Also, the RR women's team is fairly good, but some of the girls struggle with the "rubber side down, helmet side up" philosophy. Initially, I thought the women's team was made of riders that weren't really from the cycling world, but after talking with one of the development riders for RR, they are legit in what they do.

Pettit

Ti Designs
03-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks for lesson on how sponsorship works - you know I just didn't understand before your post.

I'm sure you're the perfect sponsored rider, but the trend it for sponsors to pull out because of the rider's actions, be it drug use, behavior, what they say or where they get inked.

BUTCH RIDES
03-18-2008, 12:24 PM

Next you'll be saying singers aren't actresses and pro ball players can only be seen on the court or fields ;)

There is no reason why those girls could not race on a local team or even NRC (though for the NRC they maybe would have a-bit-larger legs).....I don't get your point?

yeah and i look like brad pitt
bye

girlie
03-18-2008, 12:40 PM
yeah and i look like brad pitt
bye

You're hot.......

CarbonCycles
03-18-2008, 12:40 PM
You're hot.......

pssst, have had your vision checked recently? :beer:

girlie
03-18-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm sure you're the perfect sponsored rider, but the trend it for sponsors to pull out because of the rider's actions, be it drug use, behavior, what they say or where they get inked.

I still don't get your point?

So are you saying it's bad for riders to be models? And that will get you fired......cause it just seems like you are being condescending as all h e l l.

What are you saying dear person....sorry if I just missed it.

Tom Byrnes, petitelilpettit, and Swoop answered my question - thanks!

M.Sommers
03-18-2008, 01:14 PM

I'm a wee lost here. But I can tell you that I have a serious crush on 99% of the women from the female portion of the Colorado Cyclist catalog. The ladies who do the Giordana website are awesome (and I doubt any of those women ever rode a bike). :confused:

I doubt these women ever rode a bike and it doesn't seem to matter:

http://www.worldcycling.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=FFWEAR

http://www.bikesomewhere.com/bikesomewhere.cfm/subcategory/262/2427

Very healthy:

http://www.bikesomewhere.com/bikesomewhere.cfm/productLarge/262/2427/12315?i=default