PDA

View Full Version : Spokes is wounded

Pete Serotta
03-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Spokes, had a "day from hell" today....He started by breaking a tooth at the bagel shop - - unfortunately he then went for a ride in CARY.....The ride did not keep the "rubber side down" the entire ride. He and his Kirk are sore and wounded. Since things happen in threes, he went home and did not leave the house.

Sram levers need some tlc and the top tube needs some hand attention from DK and JB.

Hopefully St Patty day and the Irish will bring luck to him.

Please join me in wishing him and his Kirk a speedy recovery.

J.Greene
03-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Get better spokes!

JG

soulspinner
03-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh man,tough day...heres to the karma balance sheet tipping your way!

e-RICHIE
03-16-2008, 05:54 PM
send him here for a few cold ones atmo -

http://www.tedriser.com/Voice%20Rev%201/Broken%20Spoke%201.jpg

Ginger
03-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Ooooo Which Kirk?

Spoke: I hope you heal up fast!

Fixed
03-16-2008, 06:25 PM
bro get well bike too i broke three teeth off in a crash into a metal fence once
cheers :beer:

PaulE
03-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your day in hell. Get well soon.

David Kirk
03-16-2008, 06:40 PM
That is a first class bummer. I hope you heal completely and quickly. The bike will be fine. You take care of yourself and the rest will work out fine.

All the best,

Dave

Smiley
03-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Get well soon

Blue Jays
03-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear of the crash. :(
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :)

Dekonick
03-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Bummer. Heal up!

Bruce K
03-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Dang Spokes.

Sorry to hear it.

Get well soon,

BK

stackie
03-16-2008, 07:56 PM
things are bad these past few weeks. first, i take care of cyclist with rad/ulna fx. then, read about bay area cyclists. then, i'm taken out. all in a 4 day span. now, another forumite. maybe we should all stay inside for a few, or at least cool the jets a bit?

jon

Johny
03-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Get well soon, u and the bike. :)

John

WadePatton
03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Usually almost always every time--feels better when it quits hurting. ;)

Heal up fast!

MRB
03-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Spoke,

Sorry to hear you are laid up. Heal up... get well.

If it makes you feel any better, my first Kirk had an 'Achilles Heel' problem (twisted dérailleur hanger) it went in for surgery (but not performed by the skilled hands Dr. K) and it came out just fine. Although I kinda wish the prognosis required terraplane seat stays.

That's part of the beauty with steel, its repairable. So is the human body, but it takes a little taken it easy to heal. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Jack Brunk
03-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Spoke,

Please get well soon.

Kevan
03-16-2008, 09:24 PM
seeing your prized baby hurt.

Hope you feel better Spoke.

Kirk007
03-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Get well - indulge in some Irish painkillers and Irish soul food tomorrow!

Greg

Tom Byrnes
03-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Get well quickly,Bill.

See you in California sometime?

Tom

DarrenCT
03-17-2008, 01:16 AM
let us know you are fine and have cold beer in the fridge

William
03-17-2008, 03:02 AM
Spokes, get better soon my man. :beer:

Look on the bright side....at least I didn't knock your tooth out for you. :rolleyes: ;) :D :beer:

Really, you'll be better soon. Atmo

William

BumbleBeeDave
03-17-2008, 06:50 AM
Let the bike sit there. Get yourself Healed first! sorry to hear you've been nailed!

But when it does come time to heal the bike., I'm sure DK will be happy to put your repair at the front of his wait list. If not, let us know and I'm sure Williams could go out that and, uh, "talk it over" with him . . . He He He . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

znfdl
03-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Spokes may you have a Speedy recovery.

SPOKE
03-17-2008, 08:33 AM
well.....it started on the way over to the ride yesterday. i was munching on a bagle and cracked a chunck off one of my molars. i kinda thought that may be an omen for the rest of the day but decided to ride anyway.
we were on the way back in riding a double paceline when a rookie rider in the left line decided he needed to try to push a rider that was struggling up a very slight hill. he put his hand on the guys back and this pressure caused him to swerve left which took out the guys front wheel just ahead of me to my left. he did a pretty slow, lazy swerve to the right into my path and i just didn't have any place to go but into his back just as he hit the ground. i crashed onto an asphalt driveway pretty hard plowing my left shoulder into the pavement. no road rash since i was wearing a good bit of clothing. the Kirk JK Special didn't fare as well. totaled the SRAM RED brifters, Brooks leather bar tape, damaged saddle and a ding in the top tube from the handle bars hitting it. it could have been worse. if we had traveled another 4-5 feet i would have hit a 4x4 mail box post and/or landed in a drainage ditch with large granite rocks that would have left a few marks for sure.
only my left shoulder and upper rib cage hurts. just some muscle shock/brusing. it feels a bit better today so i'm pretty sure i'll be fine in a few days.
thanks to all of you for the "well wishes" i really appreciate it and each of you.
cheers............ :beer:

a100mark
03-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Join me on the soft trails of Carolina North...There you only have to worry about rocks and roots, no mailboxes.

get better soon, Spokes!

mschol17
03-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Glad to hear you're going to back in the saddle in no time! Very good news!

TimB
03-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Spokes - sorry to hear about your spill...I was very busy this weekend, or would have been out yesterday too...that ride always makes me nervous with all the surges and stupid maneuvers.

I know a good dentist in Cary if you need one. He's done 7 crowns for me in the last 6 months...I'm sure he could fit you in too.

Keith A
03-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Wow...really sad to hear about your rough day. I do hope you heal quickly and get the JKS back on the road soon.

Gothard
03-17-2008, 09:36 AM
If you're a serious rider, you'll crash eventuelly. Too bad though. I hope both the man and the machine will have a speedy recovery.

Len J
03-17-2008, 11:10 AM
well.....it started on the way over to the ride yesterday. i was munching on a bagle and cracked a chunck off one of my molars. i kinda thought that may be an omen for the rest of the day but decided to ride anyway.
we were on the way back in riding a double paceline when a rookie rider in the left line decided he needed to try to push a rider that was struggling up a very slight hill. he put his hand on the guys back and this pressure caused him to swerve left which took out the guys front wheel just ahead of me to my left. he did a pretty slow, lazy swerve to the right into my path and i just didn't have any place to go but into his back just as he hit the ground. i crashed onto an asphalt driveway pretty hard plowing my left shoulder into the pavement. no road rash since i was wearing a good bit of clothing. the Kirk JK Special didn't fare as well. totaled the SRAM RED brifters, Brooks leather bar tape, damaged saddle and a ding in the top tube from the handle bars hitting it. it could have been worse. if we had traveled another 4-5 feet i would have hit a 4x4 mail box post and/or landed in a drainage ditch with large granite rocks that would have left a few marks for sure.
only my left shoulder and upper rib cage hurts. just some muscle shock/brusing. it feels a bit better today so i'm pretty sure i'll be fine in a few days.
thanks to all of you for the "well wishes" i really appreciate it and each of you.
cheers............ :beer:

you got it out of the way & that it wasn't worse.!

Heal well

Len

morty
03-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

93legendti
03-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Feel better soon!