PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Frances coming to my town

Keith A
09-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Hey guys & gals,

If you want to check out my home town on TV, watch The Weather Channel and you will see Jim Cantori (sp?) in Palm Bay, FL. He is broadcasting about a mile or so from where we live. We boarded up our house and evacuated to a friend's house in Lake Worth. Right now things are looking better with the winds dropping off from a peak of 140mph and are down to 105mph. Hopefully, the storm will continue to fall apart as it approaches land.

Hope to be back on the forum soon.

Johny
09-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Keith,

Good Luck!

Russ
09-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Keith,

Stay safe buddy.... In Miami, things are still safe. Went for a ride today with some wind, but sunny, hot and dry!

So if things get nasty where you are, my house is still available!

Keep us posted :)

Bruce H.
09-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Don't be fooled. Even though it is slowing and weakening a hurricane has a mind of it's own. Hopefully it will wimper into history.
Bruce H.
ps. Koeth..you ae part of the greatest evacuation in Florida history.

Bill Bove
09-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Kieth,

If you get bored, I'll be at my shop after about 10am for the duration. We're at 1604 South Dixie in Good ole Lake Worthless. 561.547.1396 I figure the roof is stronger there than at my house and if anything really bad happens I've got to protect my inventory.

Latest forecast has the ***** knocing on northern PB County or southern Martin Co's door around 8pm. Don't answer!

davep
09-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Keith,

I thought of you when I saw that Frances was headed in your direction. I'm glad to hear that you and yourfamily got someplace safe, and hope your home, property and bikes comes through unscathed. Its blowing pretty good here, but only a bunch of brances down so far. But we are getting a lot of temporary power outages so we may lose power at any time. Good luck to all.

Dekonick
09-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Hang in there!

Bruce H.
09-04-2004, 01:39 PM
looks like north of Palm Beach is going to get hard hit. But so much rain. How does a storm that big stall??
Mother Nature always wins doesn't she.
Bruce H