PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Colnago Master X-Light stolen

fixednwinter
03-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi all;
Not too sure if I should post this here or in the Classifieds, but here goes...

A bad day - my house got broken into this afternoon while I was at work and my wife at Yoga, and her jewelry and my Colnago Master X-Light was stolen. Somebody really, really small came in through the tiny bathroom window.

Anyway, I highly doubt I'll ever see the Nago again, but what the heck, I'll spread the word, perhaps someone might see it. Pics posted in the thread comparing the Nago to the Hampsten Strada Bianca:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=40011&highlight=hampsten

Here are the specs:

- 08 Colnago Master X-Light PRO7 colours (candy apple red, white decals, chromed lugs & rear stays, Carbon Street fork with steel Nivachrom steerer)
- cm (51cm c-t-c)
- Dura-Ace 10sp
- FSA Compact cranks, bars, OS115 stem, K-Force Light post
- Velomax Circuit wheels, rear wheel had orange wind trainer tire
- Speedplay Zero red pedals
- old, beat-up San Marco Concor Lite Ti saddle

Regards,
Marco

shinomaster
03-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Where do you live?

DarrenCT
03-15-2008, 05:58 PM
ack that sux dude

im locking my bathroom window now so stevep doesnt steal my sachs bike

fixednwinter
03-15-2008, 06:15 PM
shinomaster:

Toronto, Canada

Darren:

Lock it & put bars on - a Nago is one thing, a Sachs - that's a national treasure :)

jjb
03-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Boy that is a bad day! You are probably right that you won't get it back but I really hope you do, its a really beautiful ride.

jjb

HSG Racer
03-15-2008, 06:22 PM
shinomaster:

Toronto, Canada

Darren:

Lock it & put bars on - a Nago is one thing, a Sachs - that's a national treasure :)
We Americans have this idyllic view of Canada as being a place with a low crime rate. It's shocking that a cycling masterpiece would be stolen from a Canadian home of all places. Great looking bike. I hope that you find it. It's sad but true that such crimes have become a part of our every day lives. Good luck with your search.

dleroy
03-15-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Marco. It now seems like I should have taken the Colnago off your hands when I had the chance, if only to save it from this sad fate. They didn't get the Hampsten I hope. Take heart: What goes around comes around.

Fixed
03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
bro you know grant ? i bet he'll keep his eyes open
sorry about the wives stuff that can be harder to replace than a bike
cheers

fixednwinter
03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone;

Thanks to all for the kind words - much appreciated.

jjb:

I'm going to miss the Master's DT15V tubes - those were really cool and unique-looking, giving the bike its great ride.

HSG racer:

Canada is still relatively safe. I think it's been 18 years since my last bike was stolen - so, it isn't too bad, considering I live in a major metropolis :)

dleroy;

nope, the rest of the collection was luckily spared. Ironically, the only reason why the Nago was stolen, is that it was inside the house, being used for wind trainer purposes. It wasn't being subjected to the Canadian winter, like the Hampsten and my other (fixed, cross) bikes. Those were in a separate and secured shed.

Grant McLean
03-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Sorry to hear about that Marco, that sux.

btw, I'm pro-capital punishment for bike thieves!!

My DeRosa replica in moltini orange with super record was stolen a few
years back, and i never really got over it. buggers.

-g

fixednwinter
03-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Grant:

A DeRosa in Super Record? OK, that REALLY sucks :(

Sure, I'm not happy about my Nago being stolen, but at least it's a current frame with DA10 and FSA - great stuff, but not exactly difficult to find and replace. I'll be able to find a replacement relatively easily.

But a DeRosa in Molteni colours with Super Record? That's tough to replace - understandable why you haven't gotten over it.

My DeRosa replica in moltini orange with super record was stolen a few
years back, and i never really got over it. buggers.

-g

giordana93
03-16-2008, 09:59 AM
this will raise some ire, and is a bit tongue in cheek, but Toronto isn't in Canada...
it's in the transnational, post-modern, borderless world of the metropolis: it's a big city, dude, and poverty is transhistorical. the Canadian thieves, poor people (who aren't as poor as poor Americans), and even crack heads do have better health care, though! oops, better be careful, this could be perceived as political.
that really, really, sucks to have your bike stolen. at least if you have good insurance, you can start thinking about your next dream bike. I've never done it but it seem like a good idea to put a "this bike is stolen" note in the bottom bracket shell, so when it gets worked on eventually it may be identified. I would do a Colnago search on ebay and save it so you get the daily updates of then nag's come up. course, don't know how much good that would do. it's not like you would jump in on the bidding. but just to know. good luck explaining to insurers how one can easily spend so much on a bike.

Grant McLean
03-16-2008, 10:38 AM
this will raise some ire, and is a bit tongue in cheek, but Toronto isn't in Canada...
it's in the transnational, post-modern, borderless world of the metropolis:

that'd be a lot funnier... if it wasn't so true.
what's next, Starbuck's opening a location inside my kitchen?
...and i don't even drink coffee!

:)

-g

fixednwinter
03-16-2008, 11:01 AM
g93 and Grant;

Cool, political talk - maybe the three of us will get banned :)

Interesting idea about putting that note in the BB shell - what the heck, I'll do it on my next bike.

My insurance company is usually pretty good about this stuff. Got hit by a drunk driver this past summer, and insurance folks were fast, sympathetic, took care of the details, had the cheque in my hands in a week, and the amount was pleasantly higher than expected. I expect they'll be cool about the bike.

I have a Merckx MX Leader NOS frame on its way: when it finally shows up, that will take the place of the Nago.

Probably put either 06 Chorus with alloy cranks (good prices out there on NOS), or possibly DA10, but using downtube shifters (for that Sean Yates/Paris-Roubaix look). I suspect the current DA10 will probably be dropping in price as summer approaches and everyone anticipates 7900.