PDA

View Full Version : The "new" Conti Attack-Force vs 4000S 23's

SoCalSteve
03-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi all,

Besides the Force-Attack being a 22 front and 24 rear, are their any other differences between the new Attack-Force and the 4000S? The new Attack-Force is using the same "Chili" compound as the S, I believe.

As always, thank you all in advance,

Steve

Grant McLean
03-15-2008, 09:47 AM
I believe the story with the attack/force is the front/rear specific size and
specific tread pattern/compound that is different from the 4000s. The rear
Force tire is larger, harder rubber, and has an extra puncture layer than
the front.

from the website:
"Front and rear racing tire system - HANDMADE IN GERMANY"

Front and rear tires have different tasks. Steering and braking forces are transmitted on the front, Whilst the rear transmits the driving forces and bears the majority of the cyclist's weight. Subsequently, the two tires in the Continental tire positioning system (TPS) have been designed differently.

The tread compound of the GP Attack (front) is designed for excellent grip, both on dry and wet roads. The GP Attack provides good cornering stability when heading down hot mountain roads in the summer, and holds the road superbly when racing along rainy stretches in the autumn. With a width of 22mm, sharp corners are a breeze and this narrower dimension also keeps air resistance and weight down to a minimum.

On the rear wheel, GP Force guarantees superior power transmission. 23mm wide, consisting of an ultra fine nylon fabric and protected from punctures by a double breaker belt under the tread, it embodies the strength of Continental racing tires.

The GP Force is constructed for high mileage performance. Traction and cornering behaviour remainS stable for thousands of racing kilometres.

GP Attack 3plies/ 330 tpi + Nylon Single Breaker

GP Force 3 plies/ 330 tpi + Nylon Double Breaker

-g

imm
03-15-2008, 09:51 AM
FWIW: the previous version rode great, but I wore out the rear in 1000 miles, so not sure I buy into the marketing hype.

rnhood
03-15-2008, 12:31 PM
On the new Force/Attack (that will be the '08 version), both tires have but one layer of vectran. The previous version featured two layers on the rear tire. This info came from a cohort at Continental so, I think it's pretty accurate. You can't go by the website, it's never fully up to date.