PDA

View Full Version : Crash Protection

jasond
03-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Just wanted to see how many of you think Serotta crash protection is a smart idea.

djg
03-14-2008, 09:59 PM
I bought it this winter -- hard to say whether it's a good idea for you, but I thought it was worth it.

Longdaddy
03-14-2008, 10:14 PM
I bought my Serotta to race. Eventually, I'll be on the ground. The 250.00 now and the 150.00 to replace the frame is a lot cheeper than 2500 for a new one.

regularguy412
03-14-2008, 10:30 PM
If I had it to do over again, I'd prolly do it. However, I don't think I can now get it for my '97 CSI -- even tho I'm now racing it again.

If I were 'really' smart, I'd race the TG and use the CSI for LSD stuff.

Mike in AR

navclbiker
03-14-2008, 11:44 PM
You should definately purchace it cuz I did and I will feel real dumb if nobody else did and I don't even race.....But I did get a Cool Serotta Jerzey and membership in the owner's club.....now what were the benefits of that again?

jasond
03-15-2008, 03:57 AM
I also have no real plans on racing, I just like riding. Maybe if I had started out racing when I was younger. I do like doing group rides and some centuries and that's where my concerns are.

97CSI
03-15-2008, 05:37 AM
If I had it to do over again, I'd prolly do it. However, I don't think I can now get it for my '97 CSI -- Mike in ARDid not notice any restrictions on what bikes it would cover. Do agree that may not be cost effective on our '97 CSIs. Wouldn't hesitate to purchase if it were for a newer, high-$$ Serotta frameset.

dekindy
03-15-2008, 05:46 AM
If I had it to do over again, I'd prolly do it. However, I don't think I can now get it for my '97 CSI -- even tho I'm now racing it again.

If I were 'really' smart, I'd race the TG and use the CSI for LSD stuff.

Mike in AR

Check in to it. The frame has a lifetime warranty. I believe that as long as you can produce a sales invoice to prove you are the original owner and a photograph of the frame showing a current newspaper cover or a Serotta dealer certification regarding the integrity of the frame, then you are eligible. Contact Serotta and verify.

dekindy
03-15-2008, 05:51 AM
I did not purchase it for my Fierte and have decided to for my Legend. The $250 purchase price includes a Serotta Owners' Club membership which is a $100 value. The membership includes a jersey (value?) and 10% purchase discount on Serotta store items and other benefits.

If you have designs on participating at the Serotta Owners' only Carmichael Training Systems camp in Asheville, you can save $150 on the registration fee. Then your crash protection is practically free!

Does that deserve an atmo?