PDA

View Full Version : Back after a phorum hiatus

Bud
03-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Hey folks-

I've been away from this lovely place for a few months due to the dissertation thing, other work, etc. Weisan's recent trip to Boulder motivated me to get back into the fold. Besides some commuting and fixie riding, I haven't really done much riding to speak of. I'm seeking to change that, though.

I need to seek the balance in life that has eluded me over the past few months. That's what it's all about- balance- and in the past I thought I had it figured out but recently I've lost that equilibrium.

Anyway- how do you balance all of the things in your life such as family, work, health, hobbies, etc? Your yin and yang secrets or whatever...

e-RICHIE
03-14-2008, 06:56 AM
Anyway- how do you balance all of the things in your life such as family, work, health, hobbies, etc? Your yin and yang secrets or whatever...
rule number one: the internet comes first atmo.
rule number two: everything else can waitmo.

BUTCH RIDES
03-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Hello ,bicycle rides long ones up to 10 miles, Gigi a couple of donuts good whisky and I'm happy .
bye

AgilisMerlin
03-14-2008, 06:57 AM
balance -

everyone has it, everyone loses it.

jmo for this moment ;)

Bud
03-14-2008, 07:10 AM
I need to get a basket for Gigi to ride in on my bike...

Too Tall
03-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Home
Heart
Health

Inseparable items. Balance is a summation of many small things. Foucs on each like it was the last.

Tip your waitress.

roman meal
03-14-2008, 07:29 AM
I had my yin, and then my yang began to dangle, and then it just fell off.

Haven't really missed it, but as long as I'm not paying 1K for hookers these days I feel as though I'm doing all right.

Big Daddy
03-14-2008, 07:47 AM
I have people who balance for me...\m/

Kevan
03-14-2008, 07:57 AM
so I stole an hour this morning to go for a ride. Besides, this weekend looks to be just as crappy as the past dozen weekends. Grab it when you can.

Boy, were there a lot of cars out there rushing around. Had the tail light, but shoulda had the headlight too.

Oirad
03-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Read the "Tao Te Ching"

Put it down.

Then re-read it again, as necessary.

Seriously? Slow down.

-- Oirad