PDA

View Full Version : PPG Paint codes...

Avispa
03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Folks,

I'd like to send the Serotta paint guys a color sample or reference number for a job on a Legend. I was told they use the PPG paints as the automotive industry.

Would you know where to find a chart with the paint colors and codes from that company? I hope this would be similar to what we see with the Pantone Color system...

Thanks!

..A..

dave thompson
03-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Folks,

I'd like to send the Serotta paint guys a color sample or reference number for a job on a Legend. I was told they use the PPG paints as the automotive industry.

Would you know where to find a chart with the paint colors and codes from that company? I hope this would be similar to what we see with the Pantone Color system...

Thanks!

..A..
I've found PPG paint color numbers at an automotive paint supply store. I found a color I liked on a car, got the color code from the dealer and then cross-referenced that color code with the PPG number.

DarrenCT
03-12-2008, 01:42 AM
if u have trouble let me know

there is a paint store near the beer store i go to and i could get u a bunch and mail them to u

rwsaunders
03-12-2008, 06:39 AM
See if this helps.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/

J.Greene
03-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Visit a ppg auto jobber. They will have what your looking for. Be careful of using the color from a car you like. Cars have so much painted area that sometimes the effect of that color on a bike can be different than on a car, so keep that in mind when looking over colors. The internet is also problematic for exact matches since all of our monitors are a little different. I hope this helps.

JG