PDA

View Full Version : Casagrande fails test

zap
09-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Another one apparently goes down. See http://www.velonews.com/.

Ah well, it never ends.

coylifut
09-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Is it my imagination or are more “big names” being snared. Maybe the testers and law enforcement are gaining a little ground. Well, at least momentarily. I understand “Big House” failed a hematacrit level test and it doesn’t prove he’s a cheat. Didn’t he test positive for something some years back?

LegendRider
09-02-2004, 10:51 AM
I'm shocked! Shocked!

poussez
09-02-2004, 10:53 AM
On September 1, 1998, Casagrande was banned for six months due to a positive doping test in Giro del Trentino. He was also fired from the Cofidis team.

JohnS
09-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Maybe the federation is finally getting serious. They've always just gotten the minor players to "prove" they were doing something. Now, maybe they are actually concerned about the future of the sport. But I doubt it...

bostondrunk
09-02-2004, 11:37 AM
lets not <burp> jump to conclusions, I'm sure this is just an isolated incident. Most of these guys are clean.

Too Tall
09-02-2004, 12:11 PM
Woops. Perhaps designer EPOs are outta the closet ;) For what it's worth. The General Accounting Office is beginning a study into the authority and ethics of Sports organization to level doping allegations against individuals with little or no evidentiary process. In udder words, these guys are ruining peoples lives sometimes on rumor, first findings etc. etc.