PDA

View Full Version : People to People Program?

H.Frank Beshear
03-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Have any of the parents here ever sent a child to the People to People student leader program? Our daughter Shannon was nominated by one of her teachers and I know nothing about the program. It's in Washington DC in either Sept or Oct and appears to be pretty cool. I've done a bit of online reading about it and we are going to talk to the Parents of a girl at her school who went last year. If anyone has any first hand knowledge I'd appreciate the info. Thanks all. Frank

quaintjh
03-10-2008, 08:21 AM
My wife and I sent both of our kids on a P2P trip two summers ago. My sense of it is that it is a very well run organization. The girls, 14 and 16 at the time, had wonderful experiences in three countries, a week in each Italy, Greece and France. They saw and did far more interesting things that the typical tourist trip would allow. Both of the kids returned home much more mature and able to travel with a polite, restrained confidence. :)

The downside is that the trips are fairly pricey.

BUTCH RIDES
03-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Hello fixed jr. went last summer to d.c. part of georgetown and g. washington u.
he loved it stayed 10 days there saw a lot. It was their law program
bye

znfdl
03-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Know nothing about the program, but bring a bike.

Marco
03-10-2008, 09:40 PM
a positive experience several years ago for a week in DC as a 12 year old.

Ken Robb
03-11-2008, 09:39 AM
I think a lot of my adult friends used to do tennis trips through PtoP, both going and hosting reciprocally. I heard nothing but good words about that program and lots of participants did it several times.