PDA

View Full Version : Colnago C35 Ferrari, golden Stuff

legend
03-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Hello from Europe :)

I have the option to buy this bicycle. Nearly unused. Is 5000 euros (7.700 usd) a fair price?

Cheers,
legend

http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/hsc/bike/img/00206724.jpg

LegendRider
03-10-2008, 05:40 AM
What do you plan to do with it? If you plan to ride it, then you can certainly get a better bike for that kind of money. If you are a collector, then it *might* justify that kind of price. Check old eBay auctions to see what similar bikes have sold for.

bnewt07
03-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Looks like it has melted!

stevep
03-10-2008, 06:14 AM
i'd take the orange derosa on the other page over that thing myself.
the "collectable" stuff doesnt do much for me.
thats my view.

Gothard
03-10-2008, 08:45 AM
I had one.
To collect, maybe.
To ride, definitely not.

legend
03-11-2008, 12:10 AM
What do you plan to do with it? If you plan to ride it, then you can certainly get a better bike for that kind of money. If you are a collector, then it *might* justify that kind of price. Check old eBay auctions to see what similar bikes have sold for.

Thx to all. I bought it and try to make some more money with it. The only reason is to buy a new Serotta. May the only legal reason :)

bfd
03-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Hello from Europe :)

I have the option to buy this bicycle. Nearly unused. Is 5000 euros (7.700 usd) a fair price?

Cheers,
legend

http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/hsc/bike/img/00206724.jpg

Wow, that is really old-school! I remember seeing one of those in a magazine back in the late 80s/early 90s. The gold anodized C-Record parts were really interesting, especially if you like gold colored parts.

The Colnago frame had a cool Ferrari Engineering decal on it in yellow (you can barely make it out in the picture).

But, at $7700 USD, that's a heck of alot of money for some really old technology - pre-ergo levers, may or may not have a rear cassette hub, probably has Campy's famous "synchro" shifters, etc.

If you're looking to make some money, how much more are you going to ask for it? Good Luck!

TimD
03-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Schumacher and Prost have three apiece, so you probably cannot count them among the potential buyers :)

How do you make a small fortune in Italian racing machinery? Start with a large one! :banana: