PDA

View Full Version : carefull with that WATER in your bottle

AgilisMerlin
03-09-2008, 02:27 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080309/ap_on_re_us/pharmawater_i

snipped:

"Officials in Philadelphia said testing there discovered 56 pharmaceuticals or byproducts in treated drinking water, including medicines for pain, infection, high cholesterol, asthma, epilepsy, mental illness and heart problems. Sixty-three pharmaceuticals or byproducts were found in the city's watersheds"

Kevan
03-09-2008, 03:06 PM
you're a pisser.

BumbleBeeDave
03-09-2008, 04:15 PM
. . . that we s a species are fouling our nest? Whether it's with CO2 or any of these hundreds of different drugs. also consider the literally thousands of different chemicals that humans create besides drugs that are used and then leach out of discarded products that are in landfills all over.

Yeah, it's scary. But as with so many other things, what on earth can I do about it? Not much . . . :crap:

BBD

thwart
03-09-2008, 05:34 PM
But as with so many other things, what on earth can I do about it? Not much . . .
Well, I don't know about that.

If you vote (and can read), you may be able to make more of a difference than you think.

Even reasonable Republicans are waking up to the environmental issue. Clean water comes from responsible decisions about waste management and water treatment.

Not always cheap solutions, but the health consequences of drinking diluted drugs and chemicals ain't exactly cheap either.

AgilisMerlin
03-09-2008, 05:39 PM
this one is a real PISSER too........ :D

the River of Cocaine:

snipped:

the River Po was found to be carrying the equivalent of nearly 4kg (8.8lb) of cocaine daily. The Po Valley is home to about five million people.

The study estimated daily consumption to be about 27 doses (100mg or 0.004oz each) per 1,000 young adults.

They said the figure of 4kg of cocaine equivalent carried by the Po daily indicated about 40,000 doses of cocaine per day for the region.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4746787.stm

1centaur
03-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey, time to revive that bottled water thread :D