PDA

View Full Version : Paris Nice last place spoiler

pdxmech13
03-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Farrarr some 3 minutes off the winning time.
What gives with that.
I first checked RomanMeals thread about the soiled chamois.

swoop
03-09-2008, 10:46 AM
crashed in a wet corner

pdxmech13
03-09-2008, 04:23 PM
bummer.....and I missed the coverage today on versus.
that whole eastern time thing throws me off :crap:

97CSI
03-09-2008, 04:32 PM
'Twas too bad. Headed to a top-10 until he lost it.

1centaur
03-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Hands up anybody who really enjoys watching TV coverage of a prologue?

How many times can Phil and Paul get faked into saying "oh, this looks like a good time" as they watch 3rd party coverage of a rider somewhere in the home stretch with the clock a few seconds short of the winning time, only to pull back and find there's a lot of stretch to cover and the rider comes in 10 seconds down in 30th place? How much insight do they give on why the early times are holding up and the later times all stink when they don't have good reports on wind speed and direction?

It all devolves to seeing 30 riders pedaling in TT position for a few seconds at a time with nothing much on the line. Hey Cunego, 104th. Whatever!

Prologues are for live viewing so people can be sure to see their favorites, and occasionally they give a glimpse of the future (Cancellara) or of relative form (Armstrong vs. Ulrich) in a key race. We need to see 60 minutes of same-day Paris Nice prologue and how many minutes of the entire two-weeks-delayed Vuelta???

don'TreadOnMe
03-09-2008, 06:02 PM
The Pate Rules.

Fixed
03-09-2008, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gqcALlHxzc
bro sorry i had 2 do it twice
cheers

rustychisel
03-10-2008, 04:22 AM
Hands up anybody who really enjoys watching TV coverage of a prologue?

How many times can Phil and Paul get faked into saying "oh, this looks like a good time" as they watch 3rd party coverage of a rider somewhere in the home stretch with the clock a few seconds short of the winning time, only to pull back and find there's a lot of stretch to cover and the rider comes in 10 seconds down in 30th place? How much insight do they give on why the early times are holding up and the later times all stink when they don't have good reports on wind speed and direction?

It all devolves to seeing 30 riders pedaling in TT position for a few seconds at a time with nothing much on the line. Hey Cunego, 104th. Whatever!

Prologues are for live viewing so people can be sure to see their favorites, and occasionally they give a glimpse of the future (Cancellara) or of relative form (Armstrong vs. Ulrich) in a key race. We need to see 60 minutes of same-day Paris Nice prologue and how many minutes of the entire two-weeks-delayed Vuelta???

Hands up who got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. Least you got the choice of seeing it... :p

Big Daddy
03-10-2008, 11:54 AM
First thing I thought was that was the same knee he cracked last spring...looked pretty bad.