PDA

View Full Version : A prefect zen day

Jack Brunk
03-08-2008, 04:10 PM
It was a perfect day today for a ride. 75-80 degrees and no wind. Legs right out of the box felt fantastic. Headed out to PCH and had lots of very pretty triwomen to keep me company. Saw a huge pod of dolphins very close to shore looking like they were hunting for some chow. I headed up Encinal Canyon and turned on the Ipod and started by playing a live version of Stevie Ray Vaughan doing Voodoo child at Carnagie Hall. Sounded so good I put it on repeat and from that point I was in a zen zone that was so sweet and easy that it felt like I was truly somewhere else. Ended up going through Hidden Valley and 60 miles plus 4k of climbing that never felt so good and easy. Folks the Vanilla truly has a soul of it's own and I'm truly enjoying each and every ride we do. Thanks for listening.

Blue Jays
03-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Congratulations on your 1400th post!
Glad you're enjoying the new bike, it's very beautiful. Mr. White sure knows how to build 'em.

e-RICHIE
03-08-2008, 04:13 PM
jack - thanks for letting us have a peek of your female sidemo.
all too often, cats here are so mucho macho and forget to let it
all go. ya' know what i meanmo? atmo, chick digs guys with ovum,
and this post speaks to that.

ps
arrange disorder
;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;)
:p :cool: :cool:

shoe
03-08-2008, 04:20 PM
jack - that sounds pretty nice...got up this morning for a ride..right around freezing.still raining..went to yoga instead . left in pain from my back being sore from being hit by a car last week..i guess they all can't be good ones but i'm glad yours was. i'm sure i had too many nice days last year so i'm getting the crappy ones out of the way before it really gets nice. i.m away and i get to come home to a new mtb frame and then another road frame sent out early in the week. funny how they came at the same time....and just in time for spring..i'll keep you all posted when they get built...just send some sun over towards the east coast if you would please....ride on...dave

roman meal
03-08-2008, 04:39 PM
It was a perfect day today for a ride. 75-80 degrees and no wind. Legs right out of the box felt fantastic. Headed out to PCH and had lots of very pretty triwomen to keep me company. Saw a huge pod of dolphins very close to shore looking like they were hunting for some chow. I headed up Encinal Canyon and turned on the Ipod and started by playing a live version of Stevie Ray Vaughan doing Voodoo child at Carnagie Hall. Sounded so good I put it on repeat and from that point I was in a zen zone that was so sweet and easy that it felt like I was truly somewhere else. Ended up going through Hidden Valley and 60 miles plus 4k of climbing that never felt so good and easy. Folks the Vanilla truly has a soul of it's own and I'm truly enjoying each and every ride we do. Thanks for listening.

I went for a ride in Baltimore and was waiting at the light at 33rd and N Calvert. Saw some obviously addicted woman puke up her guts, including her false teeth- A dog immediately came up and started slurping it up, and ran away with the false teeth, chompin on them. My ipod had "good feeling" from the Violent Femmes at the time. That was kinda surreal.

Buzz
03-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Everyone should ride those canyons at least once in their life: Encinal, Yerba Buena, Mulholland, Deer Springs(?) Little Sycamore and on and on.

Thanks for posting this. It reminded me of many beautiful and challenging miles there in the early 90's. Hope it hasn't been too developed since then although its hard to imagine that it has changed much as it is a bit remote.

swoop
03-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Everyone should ride those canyons at least once in their life: Encinal, Yerba Buena, Mulholland, Deer Springs(?) Little Sycamore and on and on.

Thanks for posting this. It reminded me of many beautiful and challenging miles there in the early 90's. Hope it hasn't been too developed since then although its hard to imagine that it has changed much as it is a bit remote.

deer creek. atmo. (it is getting over developed out here).

i woke up sweating out the fever. rode an hour ez down to manhattan beach. grabbed coffee and perved pro volley ball women. rode home. surfed the web in bed. ate. puked. and am now watching america decide on who's going to be a supermodel.
good times.

MarleyMon
03-08-2008, 05:04 PM
nice description, Jack - I'm California dreamin' while watching the flakes of snow swirl.
we missed the brunt of it - only a couple inches here, but a foot fell not far south & east.
I did 50 minutes on the trainer watching a DVD on Hearst castle in San Simeon.

Smiley
03-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Glad that u are on the steel bandwagon now, been telling anybody that listens that new new steels are not your fathers old schwinns

Fixed
03-08-2008, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GSpbuFSr2o
cool trip report bro
cheers

girlie
03-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Hey Jack how old are you? You single ;)
I miss riding those canyons....the beach volleyball pros......sun and nice guys.

Got stuck in the a 35-40 degree rain storm for 1hour and half......then had to jump on the trainer to finish the ride.
LUCKY!

Jack Brunk
03-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. Just got done taping up some track sew ups for the Sachs. Fun day.

Girlie happly married to a great women who puts up with my issues. Lucky me.

Richard, your track bike is still bad *** my friend. I'm taking it and the new Vanilla to Weds night track practice.

e-RICHIE
03-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. Just got done taping up some track sew ups for the Sachs. Fun day.

Girlie happly married to a great women who puts up with my issues. Lucky me.

Richard, your track bike is still bad *** my friend. I'm taking it and the new Vanilla to Weds night track practice.
i get first dibsmo to buy it back atmo.

David Kirk
03-08-2008, 05:54 PM

get in line.

dave

e-RICHIE
03-08-2008, 05:55 PM
get in line.

dave
huhmo - i'm never offline atmo.

Grant McLean
03-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Ya, well, we got another foot of snow here today,
so you california girls can go f*%k yourselves!

:) :banana: :)

-g

David Kirk
03-08-2008, 06:01 PM

yo....there is a subtle difference between being INline and ONline. In any case that thing is mine even if my knees hit the bars.

dave

OtayBW
03-08-2008, 06:03 PM
I understand that admitting it is the first step toward resolving the problem... :rolleyes:

shoe
03-08-2008, 06:09 PM
roman meal...man jacks story sounded pretty nice ..but then again yours really captures a moment as well..dave

Too Tall
03-08-2008, 07:18 PM

I think you should write poetry.

mgm777
03-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I must admit, I do miss the Socal weather and year-around riding. Here's Part I of today's ride, a little Colorado Zen of my own, 45 deg or so, no wind (rare), and some sunshine in my face. :)

mgm777
03-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Here's part II of todays ride, though a bit slower.....

julia
03-08-2008, 09:31 PM
essence of "ride"

what a great description

i went to ballet class ("makes you strong 12 ways" - scot nicol) then bought as many groceries as i could carry and lugged them up the hill. and cleaned my apartment. whew.

inspired by jack to ride tomorrow

Jack Brunk
03-08-2008, 09:46 PM
essence of "ride"

what a great description

i went to ballet class ("makes you strong 12 ways" - scot nicol) then bought as many groceries as i could carry and lugged them up the hill. and cleaned my apartment. whew.

inspired by jack to ride tomorrow
Julia,

Have a great day tomorrow. Tomorrow is Yerba Buena and rock store here in Socal. It's supposed to be around 80 degrees so it should be a great for riding again. Have a fun time.

julia
03-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Julia,

Have a great day tomorrow. Tomorrow is Yerba Buena and rock store here in Socal. It's supposed to be around 80 degrees so it should be a great for riding again. Have a fun time.

sweet! i need some of that socal riding. won't be quite as warm here but if the trend holds, pleasant and sunny i hope

thanks jack, happy sunday

Jack Brunk
03-08-2008, 09:56 PM
sweet! i need some of that socal riding. won't be quite as warm here but if the trend holds, pleasant and sunny i hope

thanks jack, happy sunday
Same to you.

coylifut
03-08-2008, 11:12 PM
did a ride today called a populare. 100 or so folks that met at a brew pub and headed out for 100k. The weather was pleasant in the low 50s and just about everyone had fenders due to the over night rain. A group of 18 formed (10 teammates, 4 old friends and 4 new friends). We finished with 12 after the rest got snapped on the rollers along the way. There were 2 guys who finished before our gang. We thought it would be bad form to chase 'em down. The pace was a conversational at 20 mph.

soulspinner
03-09-2008, 05:46 AM
There are few days like yours, Jack. I always think im going to post about it but thought it would come out nerdlike. Your post was anything but. There are days I think the world is going to sheeeite but after a good ride I go over the endorphin threshold and all is well again , at least for a while...wind at your back followed by Yukon Jack :beer:

victoryfactory
03-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Every once in a while everything comes together. Those moments
are what makes it worthwhile. Thanks for sharing.

VF

ps: I don't get the ipod, though

J.Greene
03-09-2008, 06:29 AM

where can I get one too? you guys make it sound so fun.

JG

handsomerob
03-09-2008, 10:05 AM
did a ride today called a populare. 100 or so folks that met at a brew pub and headed out for 100k. The weather was pleasant in the low 50s and just about everyone had fenders due to the over night rain. A group of 18 formed (10 teammates, 4 old friends and 4 new friends). We finished with 12 after the rest got snapped on the rollers along the way. There were 2 guys who finished before our gang. We thought it would be bad form to chase 'em down. The pace was a conversational at 20 mph.

by conversational, would I qualify if I could barely comprehend what is being said because I would be nearly deafened by my 195bpm heart rate?

coylifut
03-09-2008, 11:10 AM
by conversational, would I qualify if I could barely comprehend what is being said because I would be nearly deafened by my 195bpm heart rate?

sit at the back and engage in the talk.