PDA

View Full Version : John Wayne Trail

Dino
03-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Any Washington State riders here ever taken the John Wayne Trail over Snoqualmie? I know the pass will remain buried in snow very late this year, but I am trying to plan a summer trip over the pass with my son. If you've been there...tell me about it...

Steve Hampsten
03-07-2008, 04:41 PM
it's nice, 28mm (or larger) tires recommended but ridable on 25s. bring warm clothes/hat/gloves/etc and a good light for trip through railroad tunnel. food and water available; i haven't ridden past the summit towards cle elum but i hear it's a decent ride. easy grades, good surfaces, pretty scenery - nothing to not like.

Ozz
03-07-2008, 06:13 PM
...and a good light for trip through railroad tunnel.....
with fresh batteries......it's a LOOOONG tunnel. :beer:

"NOTE: The ride through the tunnel can be extremely DARK. At two miles in length, the far end is just a small pinpoint of light. Be sure to have a good light and where a jacket. The tunnel is very dark, wet and cool inside. As for the trail its self, the gravel path is level and smooth making for an easy ride. Also, the tunnel is usually closed from November 1 to May 1."

http://www.wildernesstrip.com/Trips/default.asp?id=646&category=3&detail=routeDescription