PDA

View Full Version : Monster

merckx
03-07-2008, 06:56 AM
Check out Zank's latest bolg installment called "monster".

Erik.Lazdins
03-07-2008, 07:05 AM
I have been watching this site very closely for a while - great stuff. I have been eager to see what the slight changes to "stomp" would be.

I wonder what color will follow up So-Blue?

Thanks for the post!

:beer:

saab2000
03-07-2008, 07:19 AM
That Blog is about the coolest thing ever.

merckx
03-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Very subtle changes from STOMP. I had Mike install down tube shifter bosses, and eek out the maximum tire clearance that would accommodate Record brakes. STOMP has a load of clearance already, but a couple of millimeters were still available. I also slid the seat angle back another 1/4 degree. Again, subtle stuff. I loved the blue on STOMP, however I had a vision on a crappy ride one day recently, and came up with another idea. Maybe Mike will give us a peek soon.

Louis
03-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Here I thought this thread was going to be about HRC

Steve Hampsten
03-07-2008, 12:01 PM
linky-poo, maybe?

i'm too tired to google

itspeedmoore
03-07-2008, 12:03 PM
http://bikesbyzank.blogspot.com/

dirtdigger88
03-07-2008, 12:04 PM
linky-poo, maybe?

i'm too tired to google

POO (http://bikesbyzank.blogspot.com/)

Jason

sailorboy
03-07-2008, 04:46 PM
cool bikes on Mike's site. I think I can say with some certainty that the coupled cross frame with the "shoulder here" graphics under the top tube is the raddest cross bike I have ever seen.

Is Zank still going to med school? ***? we need to throw some orders his way to convince him to stay.

myette10
03-10-2008, 09:51 AM
check it now... awesome.

e-RICHIE
03-10-2008, 09:59 AM
check it now... awesome.
whoamo -

jchasse
03-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Monster looks even Better in Person.

Gots a neato BB shell, atmo. :)

DarrenCT
03-10-2008, 10:59 AM
woah cool BB for sure!

merckx
03-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Mike is a cool cat. I can't wait to suffer on this machine. That's what this is all about, right?

I'll get some pix up when it is built.

Thanks again, Mike for your gift.

IXXI
03-10-2008, 12:27 PM
You all are so so soooooo lucky. Beautiful work there on the right coast.

Question, not directly at the Zanks, but seeing the most recent creations spurs me to ask: why the horizontal dropouts these days? Are people still running downtube shifters and such that might require those drops? I'd heard that with STI and brfiter combos the one-position-fits-all drops offered a bit more of a match... but then, I found that on the internets and you know how much that's worth.

Or is that even with modern brifters you still want the adjustability of the hor drops?

coylifut
03-10-2008, 12:33 PM

Question, not directly at the Zanks, but seeing the most recent creations spurs me to ask: why the horizontal dropouts these days? Are people still running downtube shifters and such that might require those drops? I'd heard that with STI and brfiter combos the one-position-fits-all drops offered a bit more of a match... but then, I found that on the internets and you know how much that's worth.

Or is that even with modern brifters you still want the adjustability of the hor drops?

you never no when you might want to single-speed cross that biatch.

IXXI
03-10-2008, 12:39 PM
der! right. forgot bout that.

but then you can always eno too.

merckx
03-10-2008, 01:30 PM

I should get out more. I wasn't aware that there are dropouts other than horizontal.

zank
03-11-2008, 04:20 AM
you never no when you might want to single-speed cross that biatch.

You probably could on this bike. Could probably squeak a 30 in there. Easy peasy for recent New England cross weather. Not so much if he was heading your way. :beer: