PDA

View Full Version : Sidi vs. Diadora SIZES

WadePatton
03-06-2008, 01:32 PM
My lovely shoes are showing serious signs of wear/imminent failure.

I wear a 45 in Diadora. Want to try Sidi. Is it safe to assume a 45 Sidi will be spot on, or should I be less assuming?

Hardlyrob
03-06-2008, 01:43 PM
I went from Diadora to Sidi on my last chose change. I didn't find the size different, but the shape of the shoe was different. Sidis just fit my feet better.

Definetely go try them on first. I also think that the different models of Sidi's are a little different. Genius 4 works for me.

Cheers!

Rob

WadePatton
03-14-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm looking at the ATB line. Dragon 2 or something...

My question now is- does 45 convert to 10.5 in Sidi?

I'm not the foppish douchebag who'll go to the LBS for sizing and then buy online. Even if the online pair is used. :rolleyes:

IPH
03-14-2008, 01:03 PM
45 is generally going to be more like an 11. i went from diadoras to sidi and found them pretty similar, lengthwise. howerver, i found the sidi heel to be too loose for me...course i didn't figure this out till after a coupla rides, so i'm still suffering with them!
if you're gonna buy online in order to save some $, buy multiple and just plan on sending back the rejects. if you have the type of fit problem i experienced, the shoe may just not work out, no matter the size.

hasta.

OtayBW
03-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm looking at the ATB line. Dragon 2 or something...

My question now is- does 45 convert to 10.5 in Sidi?

I'm not the foppish douchebag who'll go to the LBS for sizing and then buy online. Even if the online pair is used. :rolleyes:
In my experience, the Sidi 45 is equivalent to US10.5 (possibly up to 11). That's my size; that's what works for me.

Here's one chart that I found:
http://www2.bsn.de/Cycling/shoe-sizing.html

WadePatton
03-14-2008, 01:59 PM
thanks guys, I'm going to give 'em a try. 45's it is. used. :banana:

chuckred
03-14-2008, 03:14 PM
In my experience you can't even trust the stated size to be the same within the same company, not to mention from one company to another. Goes for dress shoes, running shoes, and bike shoes...

WadePatton
03-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah, clothing sizes have degraded into general guidelines these days. :rolleyes:

Except for these hand-made boots and hats and the TN-made blue jeans I wear. :cool:

Used to be able to buy same size (same brand and company) shorts by mail-order, not anymore. Never know if they'll fit. Killing their own industry.

The TN jeans makers also makes shorts. Guess what I'm wearing.

Well if'n the shoe don't fit, I'll post 'em up here...

WadePatton
03-24-2008, 02:45 PM
My new Sidi 45= the old Diadora 45= my usual 10.5.

Fit great. Now to go push them pedals with 'em. :banana: