PDA

View Full Version : Alyson, other than Mr. Kerry....

OldDog
08-31-2004, 12:33 PM
Who else, in the public eye, rides Serotta? I'm not out to start a political debate, so let's not any of us go there. Politico's, entertainers, corporate giants, sports stars (non-cycling)...it would be interesting to know. Thanks.

BumbleBeeDave
08-31-2004, 12:42 PM
This is a fascinating question and would certainly make interesting reading, but I am not wure Alyson would be able to oblige you because of privacy considerations.

Perhaps a Google search would be productive?

BBDave

Serotta_James
08-31-2004, 12:58 PM
Often times, when we make a custom bike, we don't even know who the customer is. In many cases, a fitter will omit personal information that is not relevant to the fitting of the bicycle. This is especially true of higher profile clients, who may not want personal infomation revealed to anyone.
The fact is, we just don't know until after the fact in many cases.

Yes, Google might be more helpful. Might even be interesting for us to see. I am going to go check it out right now.

James

OldDog
08-31-2004, 01:12 PM
I thought of that, and I don't expect Serotta to devulge their customer list. Hopefully they may be in the mood for a little bragging...any forum members out there in the know? I think if Kerry was not a canadate, his lust for Serotta may not be known.

When Tom Ridge ran for governer here in PA, he combined his soapboxing with an area ride. Bike clubs were contacted for route advise. We had the pleasure of setting up a ride with Tom's entourage and our locals, ending at a local park, with media, for his speech. We did this for both his terms as well as participating in his annual "Ridge Ride" a two day tour in PA. It was fun cycling events, no matter your party preference.

Dang if I remember the bike he rode, but it wasn't a made in PA C'dale, as that sparked a debate in itself. I'd bet, maybe only half the farm, it was a Serotta.

OldDog
08-31-2004, 01:22 PM
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

James - your my hero! Work at Serotta, monitor the forum, run to google to search out information for my benefit.

You my friend have the perfect carreer!!!

My resume: middle aged, overweight, highly stressed, slow riding corporate exec., any openings at Serotta? I'll work for Ottrot's! :banana:

shinomaster
08-31-2004, 01:29 PM
Had the first Ottrott prototype untill it was destroyed in the Death Star.. :(

M_A_Martin
08-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Hmmm, Spinner, I've tried that before:

Highly experienced Marketing Technical Writer will work for DKS...

didn't happen

So I changed it to

Sr. Technical Writer with extensive marketing experience will work for OttRott

that didn't happen either

So I changed it to

Writer will work for Legend...

I haven't heard on that one yet.

:) :banana:

Russ
08-31-2004, 01:58 PM
Had the first Ottrott prototype untill it was destroyed in the Death Star.. :(

But Serottas, especially Ottrotts NEVER die or are fully destroyed! Their souls reincarnate to other bikes....

You see, some old CSI's that were involved in crashes became Legends.

And that Ottrott prototype that Darth Vader was riding, I am sure will surface in the future as the all carbon Serotta we are all expecting, just wait. Why do you think that one of the biggest competitors to Serotta has a bike called "Seven"? Count the letters, S E R O T T A. They are trying hard to have the same Karma....

OldDog
08-31-2004, 02:08 PM
M A,

You have a much better chance than I...a least until I learn to spell "Ottrot". :D

Serotta PETE
08-31-2004, 02:45 PM
Ridge did have a Serotta in one ride and then it seems that the "C" showed up for all other rides after that. Do not know the story behind that, but it was quite a conversation point among locals

OldDog
08-31-2004, 02:57 PM
I thought it was a Serotta. I'm guessing around 1994 during his first term as Gov. He got some flack for not riding the C'dale. He, or an aid, asked Cannondale for a bike, freebie, and was refused. How he eventually got that bike, I am not sure.

Bet today he rides his Serotta :D

bfd
08-31-2004, 03:13 PM
If not, Jimmy Carter rides a Rivendell:

http://dordude.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/carter.jpg

Bill Bove
08-31-2004, 07:41 PM
Super svelte, seriously suave, scintilatingy sexy (so says Kevin) so sublime Serotta Sandy rides a Serotta :banana:

Dekonick
08-31-2004, 08:17 PM
Robin Williams owns a Serotta -

Bill Bove
08-31-2004, 08:20 PM
Robin Williams owns a Serotta -
I'll bet his buddy, Lance is jealous. :banana:

shinomaster
09-01-2004, 01:31 AM
Owns every kind of bike..

Hey Russ..Can you get me ride with Princess Leia? Hope you bike isn't on the dark side of the force..!!! :hello: :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
09-01-2004, 05:36 AM
I don’t think Princess Leia is available, but Russ DID say something about knowing Chewbacca . . . But if you ride with him, remember, “Let the Wookie win!” ;)

And BTW, the pics of Russ’ bike that he posted do not do it justice. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL--and can’t weigh more than 15 lbs.

BBDave

davids
09-01-2004, 11:02 AM
I saw a picture of Jerry Seinfeld on a Seven, all decked out in a wannabe-pro kit. I think it was in the National Enquirer!

shinomaster
09-01-2004, 12:35 PM
I remember seeing Russ's bikes in the Image gallery. The were wiith out a doubt some of the very best I have seen.