PDA

View Full Version : J. P. Weigle Frame Saver

Spinner
08-30-2004, 03:54 PM
After returning from the TdFL, I pulled my seatpost to determine if there was any water inside my ciii. Sure enough, about 1/2 teaspoon came out.

Having left the post out overnight for thorough drying, I decided to spray a little Weigle Frame Saver into the seat and top tubes. I then let the frame hang for several hours.

Now I have found a small puddle of the frame saver has seeped from the bottom of the headtube onto the floor.

Did I goof by using the spary without first removing the headset and bottom bracket as the directions recommend? Should I plan on removing, cleaning and regreasing the headset, or did I already wreck it?

The bottom bracket is a sealed Phil which I suspect has remain unharmed.

HELP!

SPOKE
08-30-2004, 05:25 PM
i'd recommend pulling the headset at least. the Phil BB most likely will be ok but it i'm sure the frame saver coated it very well :banana:

Spinner
08-30-2004, 06:04 PM
being impatient, i pulled the headset apart (it was gunked-up), cleaned and regreased it.

bcm119
08-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Why was there water in your frame that had not drained out through the holes in the BB? Do you know where it was pooling and getting stuck?

Just curious, this worries me about my own cIII.

Spinner
08-31-2004, 11:02 AM
my ciii does not have weep holes in the bb.

David Kirk
08-31-2004, 02:07 PM
Hey Headset..check your private messages.

Dave

H.Frank Beshear
08-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Loosen or the remove the cable guide on the bottom bracket on my CIII the weep hole is covered by the guide. Frank