PDA

View Full Version : Warm and fuzzy ride. Sort of...

William
03-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I raced home for a ride and tried to beat the rain. Didn't make it but you know....I don't care. I've been laid up for so long that riding in the rain felt dang good to me. Just nice to be out there rolling along. It helps that it's about 53 degrees out (it'll probably bee -2 on Wednesday). Jersey, vest, arm warmers, and bibs and I'm happy as a clam.

Happy Clam-Banana Boy :banana:

goldyjackson
03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't know if I'm with you. In CT today, my very nice 44 degree ride went south when it started pouring about 50 minutes from home. My left big toe froze. Why does it have to hurt warming up again, too? I do agree, though, that it was_great_to get outside and off rollers. Tough first day outside, though.

The good news is: I'm just about done grading everything for the term, so I have about three weeks off... Life is full of trade-offs. I start cashing in on the best part of teaching. When the kids leave.

RIHans
03-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Pal Bill and I went out at 10:45 to beat the rain. Up Middle Rd by your way, Carrs Pond, Hopkins Hill...etc.
21/2 hrs and beat the rain by minutes.Yeah!

William
03-04-2008, 04:11 PM
You probably went by as I was in the house getting ready to go. It started misting when I pulled up in the driveway, and was spitting when I hit the road. It turned into a gentle rain for the rest of the ride. Cleaned up the Zank when I got back in and settled down with a spot of tea and helped my kids with their home work.

It's coming down pretty good right now.

William

TimD
03-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Up at 0500, peek at the thermometer, forty-nine degrees - what?!?! Stick head out window - feels about right... OK, let us go with wardrobe plan B. The road is wet, but the sky is clear - double what?!?!? Okay, better wear the shoe covers too...

Messy on the way to the meeting point but nothing like the salty grit spray which commenced at 0545 simultaneous with the group ride. All meltwater, no rain (it is raining now however). Mmm, crunchy, did I eat granola before I ate the caffeinated goo? Don't think so...

Done at 0650. Saw my son at the bus stop, his eyes were wide. "YOU ARE COVERED IN MUD!". Well, son, not like them 'cross racers but yes a splatter or two here and there.

Two washes and a quarter-bottle of Shout later and my jersey and vest are almost clean. The bike did well with the now-standard hosing down. Gotta love sealed bearings, no shifting, and stainless chains.

johnnymossville
03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
It was so warm, like you, I didn't care. It felt good. Of course now I have to clean up my bike and put it on the trainer, but all is good.

Spring is Coming!!!!! I can feel it.

BURCH
03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Sunday was sunny and 60+ here. Had a great ride in shorts and a long sleeve jersey. Then the rains came with colder temps. Been back in the basement ever since on the trainer. Glad that I didn't get too giddy and actually swap in my new tires or I would have been too lazy to hit the trainer with the new tires or I would have run the new tires on the trainer...Come back sun!!!

rounder
03-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Go William. Sorry you were hurting for awhile...glsd you are getting it back together.

RIHans
03-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Don't feel bad for William. This is one #ss kicking machine, here. Now he is over the illness thing, and leaner and meaner than before.

Beungood was trying, but the bad-#ss stuff this summer is only just starting, yo!

I'll try, but it could get down right ugly in the Biggest Lil' State.

William
03-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Don't feel bad for William. This is one #ss kicking machine, here. Now he is over the illness thing, and leaner and meaner than before.

Beungood was trying, but the bad-#ss stuff this summer is only just starting, yo!

I'll try, but it could get down right ugly in the Biggest Lil' State.

Leaner for sure. Not a weight loss program that I would recomend for anyone. I'm usually a lean 255 - 260, I'm probably down around 245 right now. Man, get my leg strength up to par and I'm going to be a killer climber if I stay around this weight. :banana:

If I stick with my usual regimin I'll be back up to my normal wieght range in no time.

William

William
03-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Go William. Sorry you were hurting for awhile...glsd you are getting it back together.

Thanks! :banana:

Sunny and 55 today. That's a veritable heat wave in these parts this time of year. Very windy though. I headed out west so I had a head wind going out, and a tail wind coming back. I was flying...though how fast? I still haven't put my computer back on my bike. FUN FUN FUN!!!! Wooo-Hoooo!!

William