PDA

View Full Version : Ot: Sarah Connor Chronicles

yarg
03-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Call me a jaded sci-fi enthusiast, but this show is great tv. Tonights scene near the end with johnny cash singing and cops falling into the pool was worth a freakin emmy.

DarkStar
03-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Don't know if it was worth an emmy, but I did enjoy it being a sci-fi nerd. :)

rphetteplace
03-03-2008, 10:04 PM
I've been geeked on this show all year. Just love it!

Tobias
03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I love Cameron's no nonsense demeanor.
If only she wasn't so stiff.
Cute for a robot. ;)

SoCalSteve
03-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Thank you all for your support!!!

I hope we come back for Season II and many more after that as well...(my sources tell me it's looking pretty good for us).

We shot 9 episodes until we ran out of scripts (thanks to the writers and producers)...

I hope we shoot at least 90 more. :banana:

Just hopin'

Steve

jthurow
03-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Steve, The wife and I have been diggin' it. We really enjoyed some of the twists that neither of us expected at the beginning. I thought that the existential issues that were raised were interesting too. Lookin' forward to more!

jimi

fixednwinter
03-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Steve;

Very good show, really enjoying it. Nice to see Summer Glau in a show after Firefly/Serenity. She's really scary as Cameron - but of course, that's the point :)

I'm also enjoying the existential questions raised about the machines' self-awareness and possibly emerging emotions (the triple-8 having a human wife who doesn't know it's a machine - wow, that's creepy!) and art appreciation (Cameron ballet dancing). I wasn't expecting that from a mainstream, action-SF TV show.

rphetteplace
03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Thank you all for your support!!!

I hope we come back for Season II and many more after that as well...(my sources tell me it's looking pretty good for us).

We shot 9 episodes until we ran out of scripts (thanks to the writers and producers)...

I hope we shoot at least 90 more. :banana:

Just hopin'

Steve

damn Steve. All those great bikes AND you got to work on that show!!!! Lucky dog :beer:

cmg
03-04-2008, 09:53 AM
I wondered how they were going to pull off the apartment shoot'em up with destroying the place. cops falling into the pool and gun fire in the background was a nice solution. The jonny cash tune was also a nice touch. Summer glau's charcater creeped me out when she smiled at the instructor who told her to get back with her group before she killed the asian. Don't think she smiled during the whole season. which as stated was the point. hope the show gets as good as firefly/serenity/farscape/battlestar galactica. it's interesting.

Tobias
03-04-2008, 10:16 AM
cops falling into the pool ......The only part I didn't like. Too fake even for science fiction.
John seeing Kyle as a boy was a nice touch.

SoCalSteve
03-04-2008, 11:05 AM
damn Steve. All those great bikes AND you got to work on that show!!!! Lucky dog :beer:

How do you think I can afford all the nice bikes? The movie business (union jobs) pay very well and has a great benefits-retirement package.

And yes, I am very fortunate to have a great career!

Thanks,

Steve

Lifelover
03-04-2008, 09:29 PM
The Pool Scene was GREAT. Almost made the season worth watching.
Having someone on the boards that is involved with the show makes bashing it a little harder but I suspect any good writer has heard both sides on everything they have been involved with.

I was very disappointed it the 1st season. The concept has amazing potential bit it seemed really slow to develop. Me and my 14 y/o watched it and will most likely give it one more season.

IMO the show could save some $$ by cutting down on the Special Effects simply for the shock value (I'm thinking of the regrowing of the skin scenes) and just keep the action flowing. Let Cameron kick a little more a$$.

Love the actor choices. The Shield and OZ are both great shows.