PDA

View Full Version : HED Clinchers

Fina1
03-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Anyone here have experience with the HED Ardennes wheelset? I don't know much about the HED product line, but the concept got my attention. Any firsthand reports or comments?

Spicoli
03-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Much like a Kinlin 27mm. rim laced to Heds hubs. Now IMO thats a good thing. A buddy has had them for a few years and to be brutally honest he is a complete hammer when it comes to equipment so if they survived him, anyone is good to go. Also he destroyed one in a huge pile up during a race a couple years ago and needed a replacment and it was rebuilt in what seemed like a week max? Hed is real good that way. 1500 grams, legit and spun up real fast with smooth alu. braking and obviously pretty tough. He digs em and still has them and if I needed wheels in that dept. I would be all over them. Just my take on em...all good. :beer:

Bruce K
03-02-2008, 10:45 PM
I have been riding HED's for a while and they have held up well as every day wheels.

I have even ridden Bastognes in cross events and they have held up great.

The Ardennes is a new concept but based on past experiences with HED they should be fine.

BK

bhungerford
03-03-2008, 06:31 AM
i'm with BruceK, don't specifically know the Ardennes, but hte Bastognes are good wheels. light enough, roll fast, and seem very durable too.

rpm
03-03-2008, 10:30 AM
I just bought a set of Ardennes, but they won't be on the road until some more ice and salt goes away on the tundra here (which might be June at the rate we're going!) I obviously like the concept, too. One thing I did notice is that they put more rubber on the road. The same 25C Conti 4000's on the Ardennes measure wider than they do on Open Pros. I think the wider rims and 25cs are a match made in heaven.