PDA

View Full Version : I love the Serotta Garage

dekindy
03-02-2008, 06:50 PM
I love the Serotta Garage. Some of you may have read my thread describing my desire to do away with the worry of paint scratches/chips by getting a bare titanium frame. I had come to the realization that for the price differential of a new frame/bike I could have my steel frame factory painted several times. Since I liked the fit and ride of my steel Fierte very much I was going to keep it. That was until I saw this beauty in the Serotta Garage for $1,690. I still cannot understand the rational for this low price but I am not going to complain. The fork and frame are perfect. There is not a nick/scratch/smudge anywhere to indicate that it was ever built up but Serotta assures me that it was. My LBS certified Serotta fitter fitted me for my two other bikes and confirmed that it would fit me. It looks and rides great. Keep an eye on the Serotta Garage and maybe you can find a good deal. I have not seen anything else remotely close. It pays to keep your eyes open.

A picture can be viewed here since the website will not let me upload the file again. See #24.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=40570&page=2&pp=15

Does anyone have any suggestions for new water bottle cages? The black ones with Giant on them should probably go!

Elefantino
03-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for new water bottle cages? The black ones with Giant on them should probably go!
Perfect = ti
Not ti but still better than anything else = stainless

David Kirk
03-02-2008, 07:14 PM
King cages in Ti.

Accept no substitutes.

dave

H.Frank Beshear
03-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm very partial to this cage from Nitto, works well,looks great, sorta spendy. 2 out a 3 ain't bad though. Velo orange or Rivendell stock them.

davids
03-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Simple, beautiful, light, and cheap.

http://www.bikebitsuk.com/images/Tacx%20Tao%20ultralight.jpg

dekindy
03-03-2008, 06:40 AM
[QUOTE=davids]Simple, beautiful, light, and cheap.

What are they? Do they hold up?

dancinkozmo
03-03-2008, 07:06 AM
congrats !!!!....anyone know how often stock in the serotta garage is updated ??

Pete Serotta
03-03-2008, 07:11 AM
When items become available they are posted.....fall into winter is probably most options but we have only been doing it doe a year.

Please check back often. THNKS

congrats !!!!....anyone know how often stock in the serotta garage is updated ??

93legendti
03-03-2008, 07:12 AM

I had them on my unpainted Legend...ugly is the word...drop me a note if you want to buy mine for cheap $. Mine are the "silver" with black trim.

xjoex
03-03-2008, 07:15 AM
The stainless steel King Cage is the way to go. Looks classy on all rides.

http://www.excelsports.com/image/King%20Cage%20Bottle%20Cage%20Stainless%20Steel.jp g

And while your at it, order the king cage ti tire levers... so nice, If you have a really tight tire going on a rim, you never pinch a tube with these.

-Joe

dookie
03-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Simple, beautiful, light, and cheap.

i had some on my mtb and the little plastic tab that catches the bottom of the bottle bent easily, allowing the bottle to slip through the bottom of the cage.

probably the result of the off-road pounding, nonetheless, i won't buy em again.

ClutchCargo
03-03-2008, 08:14 AM
The stainless steel King Cage is the way to go. Looks classy on all rides.

http://www.excelsports.com/image/King%20Cage%20Bottle%20Cage%20Stainless%20Steel.jp g

And while your at it, order the king cage ti tire levers... so nice, If you have a really tight tire going on a rim, you never pinch a tube with these.

-Joe

+1 on those levers (cages, too!).
they are simple and elegant,
and they work!

Ride on!

Steelhead
03-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Blackburn Chicane cages, stainless steel, very light, won't discolor bottles, only $15 and they look great on Ti. :)

avalonracing
03-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Blackburn Chicane cages, stainless steel, very light, won't discolor bottles, only $15 and they look great on Ti. :)

+1
They also can stand up to racing on rough roads without dropping a bottle.

davids
03-03-2008, 09:09 AM

What are they? Do they hold up?Tacx Tao.

I've used them with no problems at all for about 5 years. The shape is not only lovely, but practical. They both hold the bottles well (I prefer the large Specialized widemouths), and allow them to be pulled out at a large angle.

They're around $15 (93legend's may be cheaper).

I've got five in service. Click on the links in my sig to see them all!

i had some on my mtb and the little plastic tab that catches the bottom of the bottle bent easily, allowing the bottle to slip through the bottom of the cage.

probably the result of the off-road pounding, nonetheless, i won't buy em again.Bottle cages on a mountain bike? That's the problem. ;) Get a Camelbak!

Sasha18
03-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Did anyone else pick up some King Cages at NAHBS? There was a limited run stamped 2008 NAHBS.

dekindy
03-12-2008, 09:13 AM
http://www.elite-it.com/jsp/c-Prodotti.jsp?FAM=3&LANG=ENG

Does anybody have this cage and have an opinion on how it would look on a Legend polished Ti frame?