PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Colorado Legend Ti: Questions

rkiely64
03-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Hello Everyone. I've been reading posts for some time, quietly contemplating (and lusting) a jump to the high-end of road cycling. After many discussions locally, with LBS's, and constant internet study, I think I've found a potentially good prospect to join the Serotta world. Found a 2000 Colorado Legend Ti with Profile BRC carbon fork. Please help me through my purchase anxiety. What is a fair price for frame and fork, Chris King HS? According to seller, roughly 2K miles on bike. Also, are there any problems with that particular frameset (ie--noodley, etc.)?
I'm large, 6', 240, and the frame specs fit me. Gruppo is Campy Record double, 16 speed, mavic wheels. Frame is a 58.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice/help/criticisms.

weisan
03-02-2008, 03:01 PM
between $1,250 to $1,500 for a complete bike depending on conditions.

around $1k for frame/fork/hs.

dekindy
03-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't have a historical perspective on frame size, but the current 58 frame fits me will. I am 6" and 1/2 inch with a 34 inseam. The seat post does require some setback and I like a more upright riding position. I had a fitting at my LBS by a Serotta trained fitter. He can instantly evaluate any frame that I am considering and tell me if it will fit. Getting a fitting has been the best investment that I have made in cycling.

Pete Serotta
03-02-2008, 03:18 PM
frame and that specific fork would be 1000-1200. If F1 fork then the 1200

avalonracing
03-02-2008, 04:31 PM
, are there any problems with that particular frameset (ie--noodley, etc.)?
I'm large, 6', 240, and the frame specs fit me. Gruppo is Campy Record double, 16 speed, mavic wheels. Frame is a 58.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice/help/criticisms.

I'm 6'0" and 160-170lbs depending on whether it is racing season or ice cream season. I had a 57cm Legend Ti.
While the bike shouldn't break under 240lbs it may sway a bit if you stand on a climb. Everyone has their own riding style and swags the bike differently but I would be concerned about either chain rub up front or spoke rub on the back wheel on a steep climb. I would try the bike first if that is possible. You might be better on a stiffer frame depending on what the local terrain may offer. If you are riding mostly flats or rolling hills you should be fine on a bike with a little flex.
I know that at 6' and 240lbs you aren't planning to win any King of the Mountain competitions but I'm good friends with someone (former racer) who is the same height and weight as you who can still hold his own on some pretty steep hills.