PDA

View Full Version : Any Riding This Weekend?

Erik.Lazdins
03-01-2008, 08:03 PM
I've been reading about a lot of snow and cold weather out there. Has anybody gotten any riding in? And if so, considering the leapmo thread, on what grouppo?

FWIW - I got 2 rides of 90 minutes in today - AM and post lunch - both on Campy - the second one wearing shorts and a short sleeve swobo jersey - It was 75 'effen degrees!

NicaDog
03-01-2008, 08:30 PM
It was a great day to be out on the bike. Had to make the decision between skiing or biking- biking one out this - I can feel the spring transition in the air!

Elefantino
03-01-2008, 08:36 PM
75 today in River City.

Yeehaw. A long-sleeve jersey was too much.

Tomorrow, I break out new duds:

http://www.grahamwatson.com/gw/gwonline.nsf/b80q5ghy-01.jpg

J.Greene
03-01-2008, 08:37 PM
80 miles in Gainesville FL. 55 at ride start and 75 at the finish.

JG

dekindy
03-01-2008, 08:37 PM
I rode today and can ride tomorrow if my body is not aching too much. We are getting a brief break in the weather but it is back to rain and then snow starting Monday.

Jack Brunk
03-01-2008, 08:41 PM
50 miles today on my campy laiden Vanilla. It's turning into the best bike I've owned to date.

chuckroast
03-01-2008, 08:44 PM
It was good to feel the sun on my bare white legs today but hoo boy it was flag shredding windy in KC.

znfdl
03-01-2008, 08:51 PM
lungs are still tight from my cold, so I did a 3 hr computrainer workout on my Spectrum Ti with mostly Campy.

girlie
03-01-2008, 09:13 PM
2 hours...light rain...then hail.....then snow....turn around....then snow....then hail....then rain......then cleaning of bike....shower....eat.....laundry.

BEER.

TimD
03-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Cool jersey Big E., where'd that come from?

justinf
03-01-2008, 09:17 PM
1.5 hours on the Willits 29er SS, greenways and light trails. 65 degrees, sunny, perfect. Tomorrow it will be the Vanilla, laden with Campy, also shaping up to be a keeper.

rinconryder
03-01-2008, 09:20 PM
1.5 hours on the Willits 29er SS, greenways and light trails. 65 degrees, sunny, perfect. Tomorrow it will be the Vanilla, laden with Campy, also shaping up to be a keeper.

Damn, I was hoping you would say that red piece of $hit was going to be a seller! BTW, I don't recall any pics of her all built up??? That is a crime here.

Oh yeah, 105 miles in the bay area...mostly flat and boring as I am getting ready for Ironman AZ, two climbs up OLH though. Rode my trusty Cervelo P2C, Dura Ace throughout. I think the bike has about 10,000 miles on it, so yeah, it's a keeper.

shoe
03-01-2008, 10:06 PM
picked up the last minute build up of the kirk (back to gears) before work...45 minute ride after work just now. felt pretty good...mostly campy with some ta mixed in.still a little sore so will decide in the am too race or not...maybe the sidelines isn't so bad...dave

bigman
03-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Short jaunt on my ti fixie- wind, sun, snow shower, upper 30's - no rain - typical March weather here on LI. Twenty some odd miles - had a date with my 7 year old daughter.

regularguy412
03-01-2008, 10:58 PM
First road race since 1999. Weather was Chamber of Commerce good. Sunny and 72 degrees, light wind.

Ours was the smallest group, only 27 riders made up of 40+ and 50+ mostly Cat 2-3's. Although, I will say there were two former age group national time trial champs in there. The course was flat and fast with lots of turns covering 26 miles. We made two laps. I managed to make the lead group after the first selection. We shelled about 8 riders near the end of the first lap. It was a weird race. We either went 17 mph or 30- nothing much in between. I did quite a bit of work with about 5 other guys on the front during the first lap and at the beginning of the second, chasing down the two TT guys, as they would take turns taking fliers off the front. About mile 40 my 'work ethic' caught up to me. I stood to attack and was shocked to find cramps in both calves and both quads. This was not lactate, but true cramping. I decided to back off and not go so far as to lock things up and take me or anyone else out. Rode the last 12 miles in with a Cat 3 who got shelled from the 1,2,3 group ahead of us. I ended up with 19th. I was not displeased with the result, as I really wanted to do the work. I bet there were over 200 racers there today. So many Cat 5s showed up, they had to make two groups! Looks like good racing here in AR.

The first road race of the season is a shock to the system, anyway. The longest thing I had actually done this year outdoors was 35 miles, twice. It will get better. Sure felt good to go fast with a safe group and mix it up. Gonna try to do some long slow distance tomorrow and clear my legs out.

Mike in AR:beer: