PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh's Danny Chew ...

RABikes2
03-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Danny Chew ... the one and only ... on how he trains during the Pittsburgh winters.

http://dannychew.com/EstelleTranChewarticle.html

RA

DarrenCT
03-01-2008, 07:49 PM
running indoors up stairs?

r u effin kidding me?

how out running outdoors? or drinking beer?

outdoors > indoors atmo

e-RICHIE
03-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Danny Chew ...

i think we need a flux chew thread. he's the only
one carrying the asc-beating fitness heremo atmo.

xjoex
03-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Just go for a run outside. Me and the pooch ran in the snow today, it was probably more fun than the stairs.

-Joe

rwsaunders
03-01-2008, 10:27 PM
This is what he climbed, D.

medici
03-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Is that the Cathedral of Learning at the U of Pgh? Sure looks
like what I remember from my formative years in Pgh many
decades ago.

Pete

rwsaunders
03-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Is that the Cathedral of Learning at the U of Pgh? Sure looks
like what I remember from my formative years in Pgh many
decades ago.

Pete

Yessir Pete.

Tony Edwards
03-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Pretty remarkable. This dovetails well with the fact that he's a 45-year-old virgin. He is an odd duck but definitely an athletic talent.

medici
03-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Yessir Pete.

Awwwwwww . . . Rege Cordic . . . Old Frothingslosh . . . fish sandwiches . . . Carnegie Library

Sorry, back to Danny Chew.

Pete

RABikes2
03-01-2008, 11:27 PM
This is what he climbed, D.
My brother gave me a numbered painting of the Cathedral of Learning as a gift years ago. It hangs in my living room by the front door. Our grandfather was an iron worker and put antennas on top of the building when it was built back in the mid 1930's.

But now ... back to Danny. Just a different kind of guy.

big shanty
03-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Awwwwwww . . . Rege Cordic . . . Old Frothingslosh . . . fish sandwiches . . . Carnegie Library

Sorry, back to Danny Chew.

Pete

rwsaunders
03-02-2008, 05:36 AM
If I recall correctly, Fatima Yechburg dons the cover of the Old Frothingslosh can....27 year old arc welding student from the Southside....

BURCH
03-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Too bad they tore down the old Pitt Stadium, he could run for a full 24 hours there. That is where we ran steps for Crew. I guess it just sounds better to run the Cathedral over and over though.

I once heard that the bathrooms in the basement of the cathedral have stalls without doors. And the stalls face each other. So when you walk down between the stalls, you see people sitting there doing their thing. If you are really unlucky, you are sitting there on the toilet and somebody saddles up right across from you...any verification to this story? I heard it when I lived there...

rwsaunders
03-02-2008, 10:41 PM
That story was started by Carnegie-Mellon students. :cool:

sailorboy
03-03-2008, 02:21 AM
cool link; I had heard about his record for consecutive times, but not the speed thing. Also note that Steevo (Cummings) took a different tack and scored the record for time while touching every step. I know he has a lot of respect for Danny and probably didn't attempt the overall time record b/c of that. I raced on the same team with Steevo before leaving Pgh. and he is a huge talent and serious climber. I'm guessing he could have that record if he wanted it. Hell, he could prolly even go pro if he stopped driving a cab and ate a litte meat now and then ;)

his blog is pretty good too

http://thesteevo.blogspot.com/

fiamme red
03-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Here's a great article about Danny Chew:

http://www.pittsburghcitypaper.ws/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A30212

I know someone who is a friend of Danny's, and he has some interesting stories to tell about him.