PDA

View Full Version : www.kbedfordcustoms.com

Smiley
02-29-2008, 07:54 PM
The start of a new bike line. I am so looking forward to my Fillet Brazed Street Fixee. Hey is that mine Kelly's brazing now :)

97CSI
02-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Try this: http://kbedfordcustoms.com/kbf/Home.html

Best of luck, Kelly.

J.Greene
02-29-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm proud to announce the birth of K.Bedford Customs.
A long time ago, and after twelve years in the retail bicycle trade I began building frames on my own, with only the help of a curious little book named The Proteus Frame Building Handbook.

He was portland before portland was cool.

JG

DarrenCT
02-29-2008, 08:09 PM
i went to the library tonight and the handbook was out until next week.

roman, ur frame will have to wait until next friday

roman meal
02-29-2008, 08:12 PM
I snapped a Proteus before breaking welds was cool.

e-RICHIE
02-29-2008, 08:15 PM
"pins are foppishmo atmo -"
dr paul proteus

ps bon chance monsieur bedford

rounder
02-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Was Proteus in Maryland. I am pretty sure I went to a shop called Proteus Bikes in College Park one time and there was a guy in a wheelchair with Phil Wood hubs.

Smiley
03-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Was Proteus in Maryland. I am pretty sure I went to a shop called Proteus Bikes in College Park one time and there was a guy in a wheelchair with Phil Wood hubs.
That was Larry Dean's store in College Park MD as Fat City and Serotta dealer of mine way back when. Mostly likely it was Larry in the wheel chair then. A nice guy with many stories of Washington politics to tell if you sat with him to chat. That store used to build custom steel bikes before my time.

danman
03-01-2008, 08:34 AM
I got mine.

dbrk
03-01-2008, 08:43 AM
I got mine.

Are those electronic shifters? Were the women's bikes called Eidothea? (see Homer's Odyssey, book 4 for the original down tube shifting Proteus...)

dbrk

p.s. good luck and kudos to the protean Mr KBedford!

old_school
03-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Are those electronic shifters? Were the women's bikes called Eidothea? (see Homer's Odyssey, book 4 for the original down tube shifting Proteus...)

dbrk

you been sniffing the ambrosia? :)

as for the shifters, you can't judge a proteus by its cover
rumor is if you set chase they change to sram