PDA

View Full Version : L.O.S.T. thread!

shinomaster
02-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Omg! What's going on!? Did anyone other than myself shed a tear when Penny and Desmond were on the phone? Discuss...

William
02-29-2008, 09:10 AM
LOST interest in the 6 - 8 - 12 (or what ever it was) month hiatus. First episode back...same - O - same - O not much happening soap opera techniques. Same thing happened with ALIAS when it went into 6-8 month hibernation. 1st season the best.

William

Pete Serotta
02-29-2008, 09:26 AM
must be political :confused:

gomez308
02-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Last night's episode was really good. I am invested in the show. I thought it was awesome the 1st season. It is starting to get old though. I hope they wrap it up and go out with a bang instead of dragging things out.

rsl
02-29-2008, 09:35 AM
I still love LOST. I have no clue what's going on, but the Penny/Desmond thing definitely pulled on the heart strings.

I'm a bit nervous though, because almost any movie or show that deals with time travel has always been uninteresting to me. Seems like, at this point at least, that time travel is only one aspect of what's going on.

I think I'm still hung up on the whole Sayid/Ben thing from last week.

Craziness...

rphetteplace
02-29-2008, 09:38 AM
I just wish they'd close some mysteries before they opened new ones. There is so much pandemonium in that show, that sometimes it's like ***?

deechee
02-29-2008, 10:30 AM
yeah I was really happy when Desmond finally got to talk to Penny. I never got into the show until the 2nd season when I caught the episode with Ecko's backstory. I caught up and watched diligently since. That said, I can see how this season has been lackluster for many (including myself) but I found the last two episodes really drew me back in.

The future flash forwards they started since the season finale was interesting but never amounted to much until we saw Sayid's. For me it was a huge eye opener because it opens another storyline after the oceanic 6/8 group leaves the island.

Yesterday's episode was even sweeter. They finally came out and ANSWERED a huge number of questions. One, the hatch explosion (Season2) was a massive radiation blast. Time travel *is* possible but its only through one's conscious. The island's natural healing powers always kept Desmond safe - until the chopper left the island. Desmond and Daniel have found a way to safely leave the island without dying of brain damage/time travelling. Also, the future flash forwards might be a pre-cursor to the individuals changing the past to improve their futures. (As Faraday finds the note in his notebook about Desmond being his "constant." The future *can* be altered.)

Mr.Whidmore *definitely* knows about the island due to his interest in the BlackRock and its journal which are currently located on the island. He was also probably the one who set up Libby to give Desmond the boat he raced and stranded him on the island. We got our answer as to why Minkowski stopped answering the phone; he's tied up and going loony. We're also told the time is perceived longer on the island; but not necessarily differently (ie. Dec.24 is roughly the correct date as Sayid expects.)

BumpyintheBurgh
02-29-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm waiting for the guy from Journeyman, (the time traveler) which was cancelled by NBC, to show up on the island. The two women on that show were hot.

maunahaole
02-29-2008, 06:23 PM
news item:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080229/NEWS01/802290369/1001

C5 Snowboarder
02-29-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm Lost -- must have missed something :beer:

Climb01742
02-29-2008, 08:18 PM
I still love LOST. I have no clue what's going on, but the Penny/Desmond thing definitely pulled on the heart strings.

+1
i'm hooked but not enjoying it much anymore. i have too much invested to bail but... at least the penny/desmond moment wasn't some contrived, convoluted mystery.

maunahaole
03-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Gotta revive this one - I noticed in last week's episode that some of the "New York" locations involving Michael were filmed where I park every day as well as in the neighborhood where I work. The crew down here last night starting to set up after work hours and looks like they still have the parking restrictions on today as well - so probably more tonight (Lost film crew uses barricades with distinctive markings). No cast sightings in this go around yet, but there have been some in the past at different places. So far for me: Kate (but it was dark), Hurley, and Sawyer. Sawyer is a skinny little guy.