PDA

View Full Version : Maid Service

BUTCH RIDES
02-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Hello I have the sweetest maid she takes great care of Gigi and me .
do any other old gents use a maid service ?
bye bye

imm
02-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Fraser, that you?

BURCH
02-28-2008, 08:54 AM
We clean our own place, but have kicked around the idea. We just hear too many bad stories to pull the trigger on a service.

J.Greene
02-28-2008, 09:00 AM
We had bi-weekly service up until a few months ago. I thought it was the wrong mesage to send my boys.

JG

davids
02-28-2008, 09:00 AM
We had dinner with some friends a few weeks back. The wife called it cheaper than marriage counseling.

Personally, I do the dishes, laundry and vacuuming. She cooks and shops. It works for me.

dirtdigger88
02-28-2008, 09:03 AM
my wife owns a cleaning service- does that count for anything

Jason

Ti Designs
02-28-2008, 09:26 AM
my wife owns a cleaning service- does that count for anything

Jason,

Don't you own an un-cleaning service?

csm
02-28-2008, 11:47 AM
I have one. she comes in about every 2 wks. runs me $60.

Ray
02-28-2008, 12:13 PM
I have one. she comes in about every 2 wks. runs me $60.
Same here, but its about $80. The greatest stress reducer on a marriage we've ever had. We started when my wife first went back to work when the kids were still fairly young. Then we didn't for a while after we moved east and money was tight. I always did a fair amount of cleaning, but there were always tensions over how dirty something had to get before I'd clean it, etc. As such, she always got stuck with the nastier jobs. Having someone come in and do the bathrooms, kitchen, dust, mopping, vacuum, etc every couple of weeks reduces our conflicts to near zero, particularly now that the girls are out of the house.

When I was a little kid, we actually had an every day maid for a few years. My folks thought they'd "made it" and that came with the territory. But even though she was a very nice lady, it was just kind of weird. By the time I was eight, we moved out to Arizona and dropped that nonsense. Having THAT sort of thing for any length of time could really mess up your sense of perspective I think - I'm glad I didn't have that in my teenage years when I had to get used to doing some of the household chores. But having someone come in for a couple of hours every other week doesn't feel much different than taking my car to a mechanic or going to a restaurant. Or paying a neighborhood kid to cut the grass, back when we had grass to cut.

-Ray

dirtdigger88
02-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Jason,

Don't you own an un-cleaning service?

sorta- I run a landscape company for someone- I dont own it-

Jason

ashwa64
02-29-2008, 12:21 AM
i am living in india at the moment... maids are like $10 a month -- of course i have one:)