PDA

View Full Version : $340 for rx sunglasses???

bw77
02-27-2008, 08:40 AM
I was looking into the cost of Rudy Project sunglasses. From their website, I found the Rydon 2, cost $170, clip in for rx, $70, add to that maybe $100 for the rx lenses, that comes to $340.

Is it just me, or does that seem a little bit high for rx sunglasses?

I'm currently using $10 clipons, which work ok, but are getting harder to find.

Bill

sellsworth
02-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Unfortunately that seems about the right price. I paid more for Oakley rx sunglasses. I'm really frugal so it hurt to pay so much but I have to say that they've been worth it.

DRZRM
02-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I sweat too much for inserts to work well, so I got Oakley Half Jackets with RX lenses which I love, but they were significantly more than that. Rx glasses (like glasses in general) are brutally priced. I sometimes wonder if lasex would save me money, but then I think about someone going at my eyes with a laser, and they I write my check to the optician.

J.Greene
02-27-2008, 08:52 AM
I bought a set of Rudy's from a eye shop in CO that I forget the name of. It was widely recomended on this forum. I paid less than that for the frames and custom milled RX lenses. I love them and have not looked back. Rudy sponsors my team and they have supported us with wonderful product too.

JG

I was looking into the cost of Rudy Project sunglasses. From their website, I found the Rydon 2, cost $170, clip in for rx, $70, add to that maybe $100 for the rx lenses, that comes to $340.

Is it just me, or does that seem a little bit high for rx sunglasses?

I'm currently using $10 clipons, which work ok, but are getting harder to find.

Bill

DarrenCT
02-27-2008, 08:52 AM
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1885/beergoggleszo7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bruce K
02-27-2008, 09:01 AM
That's about right for custom ground sunglasses from folks like Rudy and Oakley.

I got my Rydons through Sports Optical and got the transition lenses for greater versatility.

They were in that range.

BK

MarleyMon
02-27-2008, 09:06 AM
specs are expensive - I pay that much for mine.

DarrenCT - got any new material?

Bill Bove
02-27-2008, 09:09 AM
$150 for Rudy glasses, $95 for eye exam, $15 for three pair of contact lens'. since I only wear the contacts for riding a pair of disposable lens' last me about a month.

scrooge
02-27-2008, 09:21 AM
I bought a set of Rudy's from a eye shop in CO that I forget the name of. It was widely recomended on this forum. I paid less than that for the frames and custom milled RX lenses. I love them and have not looked back. Rudy sponsors my team and they have supported us with wonderful product too.

JG

Sports Optical...I got some Rudy's from them last year and really like them...

TACSTS
02-27-2008, 10:22 AM
I've been very pleased for the past 2 season with my Tifosi Rx glasses. I've got the Czar's (lens in frame) Rx that have served me well. Bonus - they were only $150 from my LBS. You just need to fax in a copy of your Rx w/ your order. I can't change lenses, but they make several tints that work well in a variety of conditions.

BumbleBeeDave
02-27-2008, 10:49 AM
. . . are the Bolle Paroles--you can usually get them on sale mailorder for $50-75 if you watch the major catalogs--Performance, Nashbar, PricePoint, etc. Then add $30 for the Rx insert and $100-125 for your lenses. but that's still $225 or so . . .

I've gotten some good deals on eBay on sunglasses from Rudy then also gotten the Rx clip there.

BBD