PDA

View Full Version : Another Arduous First Class Atlantic Crossing!

saab2000
02-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Back in the US and of course, the first time in 5 years that I check a piece of luggage I have a problem. :crap:

It made it to PHL but only after inquiring about oversize baggage (skis) does supervisor go to check at the airplane and lo and behold, an hour later finds them, along with 2 bicycles and another large box some other folks were waiting on. Incredible.

Then I clear customs and re-check my bags and get on the flight to DCA and then in Washington, same story except this time, no bag. Didn't make the flight.

What is it with US Airways and PHL and baggage.

Anyway, other than that, the trip was great. Pics to follow. And for all the whining I do about my job, the perk of non-reving in first class is not a bad deal. :banana: Watch movies all day, eat too much, read books, etc., in grand and glorious spacious seats. Livin' the high life! I just wish I could trust them with my baggage......

Obligatory cycling content - on my way to the slopes in Austria I did see one real, actual, serious cyclist out training and I wished I could have ridden too. Also, it was nice to be in a place where children riding their bikes to school are not considered freaks and obstacles or speed bumps, but rather just part of the flow of traffic. What a concept!

GregL
02-26-2008, 08:52 PM
What is it with US Airways and PHL and baggage.

If you can figure that one out, you should be running the company! ;) PHL is a disgrace to US Airways.

I used to travel through PHL to Europe about twice each month. It was guaranteed that my luggage would not make it to my connecting SYR flight when I re-checked it after clearing customs. On one (and only one) occasion, a US Airways rep was available when I re-checked my bag. I asked her specifically if she could try to make sure the bags made it to the connecting flight. She made a phone call and the bags made the flight! Other than that, I just lived with the knowledge that my bags would probably be home in a day or two...

rwsaunders
02-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Since USAirways has expanded their presence in PHL, service has gone downhill and their attitude in that airport continues to suck. I try to avoid the noid in PHL, and make connections in CLT, PHX or LAS whenever possible.

NicaDog
02-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Luggage what the excuse? Twice I've had gate checked bags not make it on the flight. Just lazyness is all I can think of.
Try tracking a gate checked bag!