PDA

View Full Version : cipollini's english/italian

AgilisMerlin
02-26-2008, 04:43 PM
http://www.velonews.tv/?Art_ID=2036

are the riders going to have to speak Italian ? :D

Flat Out
02-26-2008, 06:40 PM
His English is better than my Italian. :)

I'm always impressed with Europeans who can speak multiple languages. It's just the goofy American in me. One of my favorite moments from last years F1 season was when Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso were arguing after a race. In a sport where English is the official language here is a Spaniard and a Brazilian having an argument... in Italian.

capybaras
02-26-2008, 09:17 PM

Let's hope. It'll be like Breaking Away only funnier :banana:

rwsaunders
02-26-2008, 09:22 PM
His English is better than my Italian. :)

I'm always impressed with Europeans who can speak multiple languages. It's just the goofy American in me. One of my favorite moments from last years F1 season was when Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso were arguing after a race. In a sport where English is the official language here is a Spaniard and a Brazilian having an argument... in Italian.

Insulting one's mother in Italian sounds better than in Spanish or Portuguese.

LO^OK
02-27-2008, 05:08 AM
:) He has the unmistakable, and sweet to my ears, Italian accent. Very interesting how mother tongue and early development later affect articulation of foreign languages. For instance when speaking English certain nationalities can be recognised almost immediately (spy wannabes beware :banana: )

Bill Bove
02-27-2008, 09:24 AM

More about what they say than what language they say it in. IE omertra. Never say anything about what drugs you are using/have used.

AgilisMerlin
02-27-2008, 01:16 PM
seems like a couple members are going to be thrown off the lifeboat.

"Cipollini was happy with his return, but not with the fiasco surrounding the team and Ball's backing of Tyler Hamilton, Oscar Sevilla and Santiago Botero. The riders, all allegedly linked with Operación Puerto, were barred from racing by the organiser, but continued along daily by riding behind the race caravan and signing autographs for fans at the stage villages.

"For a week I had an infinite amount of patience ... Maybe it was my great desire to return to racing with an important project. However, we can't go forward like this. We are not able to continue to pull along this heavy weight that ruins our image, and now Ball also understands this. It is not enough to advertise and show off models."

cmg
02-27-2008, 01:28 PM
from Cipollini... "The boss is Ball, but after him it is me. Therefore I want to manage the squad starting now. I can organise the participation in [Milano-] Sanremo. To find men to race is not a problem. ... If Ball does well it will continue, otherwise goodbye. I now understand that the name Cipollini still has value, in the United States and elsewhere."

seems like he's trying to say he (Cipollini) can get the team into Milano-San Remo and maybe the Giro if they dump Tyler Hamilton, Oscar Sevilla and Santiago Botero.

AgilisMerlin
02-27-2008, 01:36 PM
now we get to see if Ball is a smart businessman :confused: