PDA

View Full Version : Gobble gobble...

bostondrunk
02-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Get'm while their hot, won't last long at this price!!!

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/road-bikes/product-apparel/2008-assos-ss.13-short-sleeve-jersey--f.i.-13-s5-bibs-4765_2018_TRUE.html

SoCalSteve
02-25-2008, 06:18 PM
I mean, I love Assos gear...But, thats just beyond whats a reasonable price to pay for a pair of bibs and a jersey!

Just sayin'

Steve

mike p
02-25-2008, 06:25 PM
I used to think anyone who would pay more than 100.00 for a pair of bibs was nuts, now it's getting hard to even find a pair for under 100.00

Mike

maunahaole
02-25-2008, 06:28 PM
I paid less than that for my ti frame and fork.

Kirk007
02-25-2008, 06:34 PM
I like the Assos stuff but the material on the shorts I've bought the past couple years all seems to wear really easy if they rug something, like the edge of the saddle. I find myself more and more grabbing the middle of the road pearl izumi shorts (can buy about three pair for one cost of one assos) unless I'm going for a really long ride.

Fixed
02-25-2008, 07:27 PM
pt barnum said it already imho
cheers

Louis
02-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Since I'm perfectly happy with PI stuff that costs less than $100 for shorts, there's absolutely no reason in the world I would go with Assos. If I found some Assos on sale for $100 I might go for it, but they sure don't seem to be a good value at current retail prices.

rounder
02-25-2008, 09:29 PM
I paid less than that for my ti frame and fork.

Really...would you rather have a nother cool bike or a pair of shorts and shirt that was sized too small.

Nil Else
02-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Get'm while their hot, won't last long at this price!!!

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/road-bikes/product-apparel/2008-assos-ss.13-short-sleeve-jersey--f.i.-13-s5-bibs-4765_2018_TRUE.html

You can find them at better price than that.

I totally agree that these assos price are outrageous. I have many assos clothings but then I also have many PI, DeMarchi, Giordano, Castelli, Nalini, Performance etc stuff as well. some of the non-assos stuff comes handy in certain situations but then some of them I end up regret buying. I get the assos price sticker shock and ending up buying something else even though time and time again I regret afterwards for not simply buying assos I wanted. Certain stuff all I need is one Assos version instead of a bunch of trial and error so so stuffs.

For example I recently bought 1 assos short sleeve base layer and one short sleeve and one long sleeve Giordano base layers. Giordanos were 1/3 the price of Assos (I only buy assos when I can get them at good deal.) I thought Giordano is good brand and something like base layer can't be all that different. Well I regret not simple getting a long sleeve Assos base layer for few more $$ instead of 2 Giordanos. Giordanos, Craft, Castelli, and DeMarchis base layers I have are simply incompatible to Assos in comfort level. I've forgotten that I always have problem with itchiness with most of base layers to varying degrees. I don't have that problem with Assos. Assos stitchings are on the outside and the material is simply extremely comfortable and wicking. And they dry so fast I really need one as I can quickly wash it in the sink and dry them. I wear Giordano base layers inside out to reduce itchiness but they're already are coming loose in places as it gets caught on zippers etc. I can tolerate wearing them only on short rides and I don't particularly look forward to putting them on whereas I put some assos stuff on at home for no reason.

I simply enjoy and appreciate many of assos clothing and it adds to the joy of riding. But then we all have different likings, comfort level, tolerances, and personalities that dictates what we are willing pay for certain things.

Boy I feel as I'm working for assos company... I think Assos ought to send me some free stuff, you think? :rolleyes:

vaxn8r
02-25-2008, 10:00 PM
I own a couple of their jerseys and a rain jacket. They're good, not any better than most of my other jerseys. I have a Giordana rain jacket made of the exact same material as my Assos Prosline Micro Clima...except the Giordana retails for about $120 and the Assos for $220. If anything the Giordana fits me better.

My 3 issues with Assos, in no particular order.
1) The stuff is good but not THAT good for the money.
2) Some of the styling is "out there".
3) People know what this stuff cost...do I really want to be associated wearing it? It's not like people think I wear stuff because it's given me.

Louis
02-25-2008, 10:35 PM
3) People know what this stuff cost...do I really want to be associated wearing it?

So how do you justify those Prada shoes and the Gucci saddlebag? :p

vaxn8r
02-26-2008, 12:47 AM
So how do you justify those Prada shoes and the Gucci saddlebag? :p
That kind of talk is going to get you banned Louis. Keep it up... ;)

The fact is I do like nice things, but I do have my values. Generally speaking Assos doesn't fit the bill, so to speak.

DarrenCT
02-26-2008, 01:27 AM
thats a lot of lap dances atmo

shinomaster
02-26-2008, 01:41 AM
That's a lot of frame deposit atmo. ***. I wear Santini..