PDA

View Full Version : morro bay

chrisroph
02-24-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm down here from portland with 2 good buddies for a week of cycling. Its been years since i've ridden in calif. even though the forecast was 100% rain, we had mid 50's, a good southern breeze and absolutely no rain. after a tough drive yesterday, we did 52 miles of tempo through a few beautiful state parks and then went down to slo for some lunch and then back to the bay. the central calif coast is a thing of stunning beauty.

tomorrow, we head into the coast range for some climbing on lightly traveled roads and then we may shoot for hearst castle depending on how we feel when we hit 1.

oldfatslow
02-24-2008, 09:00 PM
There is a ton of beautiful riding in that area with lightly traveled roads and everything from mountains to the beach as destinations. Great riding and I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it.

shinomaster
02-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Dude, I so should have gotten the invite.

sbornia
02-24-2008, 09:11 PM
I've had some good rides down there, too. See here for other routes: http://www.teamkman.org/RidesMaps.html

rwsaunders
02-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Photos, photos, photos.....

Ken Robb
02-24-2008, 10:38 PM
McFee's ( or is it MacPhee's???) (McPhee's?) heck I forget but Ian McFee will take and hold a reservation for you. Dandy wine list with emphasis on little-known local wineries. Restaurant in Templeton is wonderful and worth the short drive from Morro Bay.

Santa Rosa Creek Road runs from Cambria over the big ridge to Paso Robles. Little traffic, super views, pavement can be bimpy. Peachy Canyon road west out of Paso is fabulously twisty and lovely following the woodsy creek.

coylifut
02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
sounds like here except we rode about 10 miles longer, the temps were about 5 degrees warmer and no 12 hour drive.

have a good week
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Bud_E
02-24-2008, 11:30 PM
I love that area. In addition to the routes above, here is another resource:

http://www.slobc.org/LocalRides.html